Hepatic Lipidosis Fatty Liver Syndrome

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amandaj6

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers Precious sure needs it and I sure appreciate them all. I cant wait to pick her up later today

howiej

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm going through the same thing with my dear Lenny. He also has Hyperthyroid though and just this week began not eating well, and vomiting and we are going out of town for two days and then moving next week I have not force fed him yet and hope I dont have too. He is a very difficult ca to administer meds to.

I am sending Precious good vibes and I hope she (and Lenny) get better soon. Hang in there.

Howie

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just saw your photos of Vash and Tinkerbell.
They are both so sweet.

Precious remains in my thoughts.

amandaj6

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I picked Precious up from the vet this morning I will tell you we have the best vet ever! I mean she truly truly cares about her patients and is wonderful! Anyways we are home now and what we have to do is the following:Sq fluids every 24 hrs 75ml. Force feed her Hills A/d 4x a day @ 12 cc's Metronidazole 75mg/ml .6ml 1x a day Amoxicilling 50 mg/ml which is 1ml every 12 hrs..Periactin gel .1 ml every 12 hrs for appetite stimulation and also Actigal(sp?) 1 tab every 24 hrs. Man that is a lot to remember but apparently she is doing well
I am happy for her. Her blood results came back pretty abnormal so the doc wants her back on Monday. In all the treatment and testing was close to $500 but hopefully Pet Insurance will pay some. Well I am super tired and need to pack cause we are moving on Monday....

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by amandaj6

I picked Precious up from the vet this morning I will tell you we have the best vet ever! I mean she truly truly cares about her patients and is wonderful! Anyways we are home now and what we have to do is the following:Sq fluids every 24 hrs 75ml. Force feed her Hills A/d 4x a day @ 12 cc's Metronidazole 75mg/ml .6ml 1x a day Amoxicilling 50 mg/ml which is 1ml every 12 hrs..Periactin gel .1 ml every 12 hrs for appetite stimulation and also Actigal(sp?) 1 tab every 24 hrs. Man that is a lot to remember but apparently she is doing well
I am happy for her. Her blood results came back pretty abnormal so the doc wants her back on Monday. In all the treatment and testing was close to $500 but hopefully Pet Insurance will pay some. Well I am super tired and need to pack cause we are moving on Monday....
I'm glad the news is good.
I'll keep her in my thoughts.

Maybe read some of the old threads for advice on moving? It can be a stressful time for kitties as well as their humans.

amandaj6

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So far the force feeding has been easy but Precious and I had a visit at 2am this morning to see the emergency vet she was throwing up what I was feeding her and our regular vet failed to prescribe anything for the vomiting but I am now happy to say we came home with Reglan and while at the emergency vet they gave her shots for nausea. I decided to setup our dog's crate for Precious. I put a small litter box in there with food and water and a bed for her and of course put a quilt around 3 sides to make her feel safe. That and I can monitor what she is eating if any and if she is using the bathroom and I wont have to search the house for her.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, what a scare
You are taking such good care of her though! She sure is one lucky kitty to have such a great mom

I am glad the feeding is going so well. Have you had a chance to read a bit on how to ease stress during moving? I would highly recommend picking up a Feliway diffuser. You can get it at Petsmart, or most other pet stores. This does a good job at easing stress and calming them down. It would make the move much easier to handle for Precious, especially with her being sick.

I loved your pictures.
Precious, Vash, and Tinkerbell are all so adorable

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A move is always stressful on humans, dog & cats.
You are doing a wonderful job balancing it all and keeping your sanity.

Your whole family, including sweet Precious, are in my calming thoughts and prayers during this challenging time.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That truly is a lot to remember; having gone thru extensive cat nursing twice in the past 8 months, I discovered the only way to keep track was to get a notebook & write it down. That way I could also keep notes about behaviour, vomiting, meds, etc., and had all the info handy for the vet, too.
Best of luck with Precious; great big (((((healing vibes))))) coming to her. And good luck with the move--hope everything goes smoothly.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

That truly is a lot to remember; having gone thru extensive cat nursing twice in the past 8 months, I discovered the only way to keep track was to get a notebook & write it down. That way I could also keep notes about behaviour, vomiting, meds, etc., and had all the info handy for the vet, too.
Best of luck with Precious; great big (((((healing vibes))))) coming to her. And good luck with the move--hope everything goes smoothly.
This is an excellent idea.

I am so sorry about your girl having to go through this. At least your have found a vet that seems to be giving her the level of attention that she needs. This must be a very stressful time for you the other pets to have this happening at a time when you are moving. Somehow we always can find a little more strength to get us through these hectic and trying periods in our lives .

amandaj6

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So far Precious is tolerating food well but isnt going to the bathroom. I have fed her 2x since last night and she is do for another feeding shortly. I will say the Reglan is working wonders NO VOMITING!!! Yay!! I did well this morning with giving her the subq iv fluids but boy was I nervous. I feel as far as the move is concerned I will have precious in the dogs big crate for a while since she likes to hide anyways and I will set it up in the spare bedroom to make the move less stressful. I just dont know about the expense for feliway because so far everything is adding up mainly the vet bills. I have an appointment for our final walk through in half an hour so while I am out I will be picking up lactose free milk since while she has been sick she atleast drinks milk and then of course the vet said to get baby food to see if she will eat on her own. The main concern so far is not what she eats apparently it is THAT she eats. I have had 3 vets tell me this. (our regular vet and both emergency vets) They all recommended trying baby food. Well till later

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those vets are so right, Amanda; it doesn't really matter what Precious eats right now, as long as she eats. Nursing a cat thru FHL is a major commitment, but you definitely sound as if you're up to it. Consistency is really important when it comes to feeding her. I'd bet anything that you're going to get Precious thru this. (((big hugs)))

amandaj6

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I bought 6 different kinds of baby food and she didnt eat any of them. I bought 3 diff kinds of cat food (can) and she wanted nothing to do with it. I tried the milk Lactaid Fat Free and she didnt go for that. I just got done feeding her. The emergency vet was surprised our regular vet only has her on 12 cc's 4x a day she says it takes 60cc 4-5x a day to sustain a cat....I was so confused but so far with the Anti-vomiting medicine she is keeping food down so....I decided to see what would happen if I increased her food intake this feeding from 12cc's to 36ccs and she was fine...So since she has an appointment tomorrow I am going to ask that I be able to bump that up otherwise I will just do so myself. Precious couldnt keep ANYTHING down unless she had the anti vomiting medicine which I was surprised we werent sent home with to begin with...Oh well...till later.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like you have done great so far! Continued prayers coming your way for Precious and sanity prayers for Mom!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm just now reading through all of this. It sounds like you're doing an awesome job!
Sending vibes that you have your normal Precious back in no time.

amandaj6

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well it doesnt initially bother her but I hear this pathetic sounding meow coming from the crate which I know at this point what that signals...She threw EVERYTHING up. This time though I know it was because I gave her the 36 cc's versus the 12 cc's. Our poor Precious threw up all over herself. I washed her off gave a small amount of more reglan(sp?) I am supposed to feed her once more tonight but dont know if I should since she just threw up...I wonder if there is anything that can be given to her to stop all this...I was in the middle of packing when it happened. I think we may ask for a feeding tube because the feedings are getting more stressful for her and me too I just want Precious to live. Well we have a vet visit tomorrow...Till Later

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amanda, I was surprised that your vet had you feeding Precious just 12cc at a time. I always tried to get at least 40 cc into my sick kitties each time I fed them (4-5x daily). A feeding tube may be your best bet. I don't remember--do you have other cats? We didn't opt for a feeding tube when Bob was sick because we have 3 other cats, and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to keep everyone away from a tube. I've done a lot of reading on this subject, and apparently a feeding tube is fairly easy to use.
Reglan can't guarantee that Precious won't vomit, it will just help with it. Is she on Pepcid by any chance?
Hopefully, you & Precious will have a peaceful night. Good luck at the vet's tomorrow.

amandaj6

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No the emergency vet recommended pepcid but I wanted to bring it up to my regular vet tomorrow. I know this may be a gross question but precious hasnt had a bowel movement in days can I administer a home enema? I have been reading to try just warm water I know not to use human enemas but what kind of home remedy can I do ? I just dont want to spend 50-100 bucks at the vet for something I can do....Yes we have 1 other cat a 6mth old kitten