Help with my little Persian!

jenniferd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ileana and Douggie

You are probably right, I bought her from a pet shop and they did have pedigree cats and dogs, but in her case they said she was a Persian, just not pedigree. Thank you very much for the info, thank God I'm not too bothered about having a pure breed, otherwise I would have gone back to the pet shop and made a fuss.
Regarding the eye color. My cat is purebred persian, and his eyes, when he was young, were exactly the color your kitten's eyes are. Now his eyes are bright copper. Your kitten is still young, and they eyes will change.

jenniferd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ileana and Douggie

Odd! We've noticed that our kitten's eyes are changing colour!
We all agreed she didn't have the right eye colour for a Persian, but they seem to have changed. This hasn't happened to my first cat, is it common?

Then:

Now:
It's completely normal. The eyes change. My kitten had the exact same color eyes your kitten had, when he was little. My cat has papers, so I am absolutely positive he is purebred. When I got him at 10 weeks, he had eyes very similar to yours, and now his eyes are bright copper, as they should be.
Your kittens eyes are completely appropriate for the persian cat. I don't know if your kitten is purebred, but you can not say if she is purebred or not based on her eye color, because it is what it should be.

jenniferd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gardenandcats

Did you pay alot of money for this kitten? if so then you should be upset as this kitten is not a Persian. And they should refund you money......Pet shops should not lie and make anyone pay big bucks for a kitten that is not a pure bred..If you did pay alot then you have every right to expect them to give you back alot of the money. I don't really see why they thought this kitten was a persian. It does not resemble one at all.And a pet shop should know this.If it was me I would go back and let them know and ask for money back!
It most definetly looks like a persian. Wether purebred or not, I don't know, but its' definetly at least a persian mix.
It also looks very similar to what my purebred Persian kitten looked like when I first got him. If I can find an old photo of him, I would post it.

jenniferd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gardenandcats

Doll faced persians are not common and cost around $2,000.00 and more. My reason for not feeling that this a Persian was due to the eye color and not the long coat of a Persian. Persians have long thick coats. I wasn't insulting your kitten shes a doll. I was more upset thinking that a pet store took advantage of you and charged you money for something that your kitten isn't.
I think shes perfect and I'm sure you love her alot! Enjoy her..
It's a kitten. They get furrier as they grow. Mine looked exactly like this one, and he is purebred with papers.
This is his picture when he was 10 weeks old. Please notice eye color. Exactly as with the babycheeks kitten. It changed to brilliant copper now. Although mine might be more furry, I think. But some persians are more furry than others, even purebred ones. I have two, and this one is more furry than my other one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ileana and douggie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jenniferd

It's a kitten. They get furrier as they grow. Mine looked exactly like this one, and he is purebred with papers.
This is his picture when he was 10 weeks old. Please notice eye color. Exactly as with the babycheeks kitten. It changed to brilliant copper now. Although mine might be more furry, I think. But some persians are more furry than others, even purebred ones. I have two, and this one is more furry than my other one.
OMG!!!
That looks just like Babycheeks, it's the cutest thing in existence! Thank you for the advice too, that will definitely improve her self esteem

jenniferd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, babycheeks and my persian look very much alike. Mine is registered with papers, so I know he is 100% persian. I don't think that anybody can say if babycheeks is purebred because she does not have papers, but she definetly at least a persian mix.
This is another picture of him.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG so darn cute! I just love those little faces! You know... I like both the peke face and the doll face but I have to say that my poor jake has a lot of sinus problems because of his peke face and I feel bad for him. I think it's kind of a shame that the show standard has opted for the modern, man made persian look.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

OMG so darn cute! I just love those little faces! You know... I like both the peke face and the doll face but I have to say that my poor jake has a lot of sinus problems because of his peke face and I feel bad for him. I think it's kind of a shame that the show standard has opted for the modern, man made persian look.
Oh I am so with you on that..I think they would be so much healthier Doll faced! My Sev isn't really pushed in but he has issues!

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Peke faces I believe are extremely flat the term coming from the Pekenese dog and the dollfaced persian tend to have a less extreme face and more of a nose.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

First off I love your baby!! If you go to this website from this reputable breeder she has dollfaced...look a lot like yours and they are from $1200-3000depending on color and eye color!!!Her kittens are beautiful just like your kitty!!!
http://www.nemr.net/~poppy1/avail.htm
You really need to put some sort of warning up when you post links to such cuteness... I nearly fell out of my chair.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

You really need to put some sort of warning up when you post links to such cuteness... I nearly fell out of my chair.
I agree, I was looking at it at work and literally had to put my hands over my mouth!