Help with my little Persian!

merrytreecats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, as others said, your little girl is a cream. Someone said that she is not a purebred Persian but I beg to differ. I would say that she is; just because she isn't flat faced does not mean she isn't a purebred. I have had purebred Persians with the papers to prove it who had longer noses than her.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She looks like a doll faced Persian to me, which means she will grow up to be MUCH more beautiful than the Show Quality flat faced Persians. Unfortunately, it's the flat faced Persians that are show quality, and accepted as the breed standard.

She could easily be a purebred Persian, but I would say she came from a Back Yard Breeder, and that's why she doesn't have papers. That's probably why they told you she was a Persian, but not pedigreed. I doubt she came from a Kitten Mill, because most of those kittens do have pedigree papers.

I consider one of my sisters to be a BYB of puppies. (I've been extremely angry with her for it, but I can't get through to her). Anyway, she is breeding and selling one of those Designer Breeds of puppies.. Anyway, she gives them lots of love, and socializes them, so AT LEAST with some BYB, the cats/dogs may not have come from deplorable conditions, like the Puppy and Kitten Mill animals come from.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep "hounding" your sister in what she is doing is very wrong. Take her to a shelter and have them give her a tour of the "designer" dogs sitting in there and also the tour of the designer dogs on death row too.

If she is not making sure her puppies are being neutered and spayed, they could very well be sitting on death row in some shelter. BTW what designer dog is she breeding?

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Keep "hounding" your sister in what she is doing is very wrong. Take her to a shelter and have them give her a tour of the "designer" dogs sitting in there and also the tour of the designer dogs on death row too.

If she is not making sure her puppies are being neutered and spayed, they could very well be sitting on death row in some shelter. BTW what designer dog is she breeding?
I forget the name of the designer dog. I know she's making them with a Yorkie and I forget the name of the other breed. It's a tiny long haired dog, longer haired than a Yorkie. They have little pom poms on the top of their heads, of course you tie a ribbon on it to make the pom pom. I think it's a Tzit Zu or something. It don't know how to spell it.

I've harped on her until I'm blue in the face. She says people are crazy to get these little dogs, and she sells them for about $400 each, and people are happy to pay it. I've begged her to get both dogs fixed, but she won't do it. The only thing that is starting to make her consider it, she says, is because it breaks her heart to get rid of the pups, and that she cries for days after each one finds a new home.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

She looks like a doll faced Persian to me, which means she will grow up to be MUCH more beautiful than the Show Quality flat faced Persians. Unfortunately, it's the flat faced Persians that are show quality, and accepted as the breed standard.

She could easily be a purebred Persian, but I would say she came from a Back Yard Breeder, and that's why she doesn't have papers. That's probably why they told you she was a Persian, but not pedigreed. I doubt she came from a Kitten Mill, because most of those kittens do have pedigree papers.

I consider one of my sisters to be a BYB of puppies. (I've been extremely angry with her for it, but I can't get through to her). Anyway, she is breeding and selling one of those Designer Breeds of puppies.. Anyway, she gives them lots of love, and socializes them, so AT LEAST with some BYB, the cats/dogs may not have come from deplorable conditions, like the Puppy and Kitten Mill animals come from.
I have to agree with you on the doll faces vs the extreme pekes..but i could be biased.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doll faced persians are not common and cost around $2,000.00 and more. My reason for not feeling that this a Persian was due to the eye color and not the long coat of a Persian. Persians have long thick coats. I wasn't insulting your kitten shes a doll. I was more upset thinking that a pet store took advantage of you and charged you money for something that your kitten isn't.
I think shes perfect and I'm sure you love her alot! Enjoy her..

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, your kitty is just beautiful! I would just say make sure she sees a vet, and she will probably need to be wormed, and get her shots and stuff. Hope to see lots more of her!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gardenandcats

Doll faced persians are not common and cost around $2,000.00 and more. My reason for not feeling that this a Persian was due to the eye color and not the long coat of a Persian. Persians have long thick coats. I wasn't insulting your kitten shes a doll. I was more upset thinking that a pet store took advantage of you and charged you money for something that your kitten isn't.
Not all doll faces cost that much and they are getting more common
which IMO is a good thing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ileana and douggie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Please don't feel like you're insulting me in any way if you think she's not a Persian, I never wanted a pedigree and do not care much about such things, all I wanted is some info, and all of you have been very nice to share your opinions
Our Babycheeks is doing very well, we've been away on holiday for a week and mum babysitted her and said she's been eating like a maniac
She is also adorable and loves people, I could not wish for a better kitten

ileana and douggie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Odd! We've noticed that our kitten's eyes are changing colour!
We all agreed she didn't have the right eye colour for a Persian, but they seem to have changed. This hasn't happened to my first cat, is it common?

Then:

Now:

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gold eye color can change to the proper color - remember you have kittens with blue and if you mix "yellow" in the blue, you'd have greenish, so it is the inbetween stage with the off color eyes - your cream has the proper nice gold eye color now

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I have noticed some kittens I thought would have greenish-gold eyes turn more of a copperish-gold. These were moggies, but their eye color does deepen I think, as they get older.

merrytreecats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gardenandcats

I've seen doll faced Persians going for $300-400. They are quite common if you look for them on the internet. Just type "doll face cattery" and see what you get...And go on Hoobly or the other internet classifieds and look for Persian kittens...most of them on there are dollfaced.

I'd say your Persian is purebred, too. I've seen purebred Persians with less type than your furbaby.

siameseohio

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't know much about persians other then a thread I seen on this site that showed the evolution of the old doll face style persians to the more modern show style. Your beautiful kitty looks like the pictures of the persians before they began to be altered.

She is sooooo beautiful, and looks so hugeable! I'm glad she is doing well.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to say she is a cutie pie!!!
Also, NOT ALL pets from a pet store have health problems!! I bought a purebred Cocker Spaniel from a pet store and he had NO problems what so ever.Not sick a day in his life.Sadly, he got out of our fence and was hit by a UPS.
With Petstores,breeders, and shelters..............you can never be 100% sure that you will not have genetic problems or health problems.You just love them for the wonderful furbaby that they are and pray they are healthy.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Persians can have different eye colors just as other cats do (except for the point persian). I have 3 full bred persians and one half persian kitten and they all have different color eyes. There is information on the CFA website you can look up if you're interested. (I'd find a link for you but am on my way to work.) Your cutie's face looks to be between a doll face and domestic cat as far as shape. The nose is just slightly more pronounced. Pretty close to the old, traditional persians. Those stocky legs are persian.
What a cutie she is! To be honest... I wouldn't even worry whether or not she is full bred persian, if she were mine (as I know you aren't). Doesn't really matter unless someone wanted to breed or show as a pure bred. She's a doll and I just want to hug her!

While price of a cat in no way has anything to do with a loved pet's emotional value to it's owner, I agree with Scamperfarms. I've never seen a doll face for $1000 or more. The ones I see are anywhere from $50 to a couple hundred and they are more common then I realized. (I have both peke and doll).

Her coat is beautiful and thick. It is a little shorter but may get longer as she gets a little older. Heck... I wish mine had naturally a little shorter fur coat! I have to vacuum at least once a day and keep a cover on my bed that I take off when I go to sleep!

ileana and douggie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you SO very much, everyone! I was in real need of pro help and you've all been exceedingly nice
I appreciate all your info and opinions, as I said, having a purebred holds no importance to me at all, Babycheeks is as cute as a button and we love her to death no matter what