help we have kittens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

michelle mayall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SolarityBengals

Yay for nursing! Sometimes it takes a while for them to figure it out. Does she look done?
there all nursing well i think she is done her resps are still quite high but theres no contractions she wont stay in her room she wants to be with me if i move she follows me

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Soooo adorable
. Last night was the first night I slept in my bed instead of the sofa. Her wanting to be with you is very normal for first-time mothers. Unfortunately they don't always know whats best for their babies right off. If it gets to bad then, like I said before, she will do better in a bathroom or a place where she can't go far. After a while she will figure it out.

michelle mayall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Soooo adorable
. Last night was the first night I slept in my bed instead of the sofa. Her wanting to be with you is very normal for first-time mothers. Unfortunately they don't always know whats best for their babies right off. If it gets to bad then, like I said before, she will do better in a bathroom or a place where she can't go far. After a while she will figure it out.
do you think she could have more she is still panting quite a bit although she is resting?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are beautiful!! I was going to say if she keeps leaving them a lot and maybe for the night, you may want to get her into a small room like the bathroom or laundry room. You don't want her to move the kittens to a different place in the night or anything. Plus it will keep them safe from your kids. No offense to your kids, but kids are kids and I am sure they will be curious. Just the first couple days until she calms down a bit.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If shes panting then I would be inclined to think she is still in labor. They can hold off on contractions for a while. My girl calmed right down after the 4th. I thought there was one more but she showed no signs of labor anymore after the 4th...but also every cat is different so its hard to tell. Do you see any movement?

ms_joshica

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She did an AWESOME job, what beautiful babies. As grueling as it was I am sure it was well worth the wait
Good job Missy girl!

michelle mayall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

If shes panting then I would be inclined to think she is still in labor. They can hold off on contractions for a while. My girl calmed right down after the 4th. I thought there was one more but she showed no signs of labor anymore after the 4th...but also every cat is different so its hard to tell. Do you see any movement?
i dont see any movements in her tummy ive had a feel and it feels solid which im assuming is her milk ducts i think i will sleep in her room with her for a couple of nights she hasnt used the itter box since she gave birth is this normal?

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My girl refused to leave her nest for the longest time. I fed her in her nest but that evening I fed all the cats and she finally came out to eat. She stopped by the litter box on teh way back to the nest. That was probaby at 9-10pm at night and she went into labor at 5:30am. She still only goes to the bathroom once a day. She just dosne't like leaving the nest.