HELP!!!! Very Pregnant Cat

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I am so sorry. Were they born alive? Did they apoear full-term or premature?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so sorry.  I was terribly afraid that, given the long labor, there might be problems.  How is the first kitten doing?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

myfurbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The first kitten Bella is doing amazing. Momma is depressed we are working on finding her some foster kittens. She just lays in the nest and crys so the vet suggested finding her some more kittens that she can momma to see if that helps

Last edited:

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first kitten Bella is doing amazing. Momma is depressed we are working on finding her some foster kittens. She just lays in the nest and crys so the vet suggested finding her some more kittens that she can momma to see if that helps
Fostering is a terrific idea.  It has help many cats whose kittens didn't make it.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Call around to every shelter you can find. Also Animal Control and ASPCA. You need to move quickly while she has plenty of milk.

myfurbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We where able to find 5 newborn kittens. She is doing great with all 6 of her babies. She is no longer crying. Yay. All the kittens are gaining lots of weight. You can't tell by the way she acts that they arent hers which i am happy for.

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
That's wonderful!!! What lucky babies to get an adoptive mom cat! You are doing a great job with everything that has gone on! Happy for mom and babies!

Can you post pics of the family, we'd all love to see them?

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Terrific news.  It's amazing how mother cats will take on orphans.  Will you be keeping all of them?

Definitely want to see pictures.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is terrific news! Mama is happy and the babies get a chance in life with a mom! None of them will ever know the difference.

You deserve kudos for your efforts!

Where did you end up finding the orphans, and what happened to their mom? Are they literally just a day or two old?

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We where able to find 5 newborn kittens. She is doing great with all 6 of her babies. She is no longer crying. Yay. All the kittens are gaining lots of weight. You can't tell by the way she acts that they arent hers which i am happy for.
Awww..that's the best news ever!!!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Drat.  Now I'm all mushy.  I just love happy endings!  I'm so sorry she lost her babies, but now she has a full family, and five kittens that almost certainly would have died as well will grow and be healthy.

myfurbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is terrific news! Mama is happy and the babies get a chance in life with a mom! None of them will ever know the difference.

You deserve kudos for your efforts!

Where did you end up finding the orphans, and what happened to their mom? Are they literally just a day or two old?
My cousin fixes all the neighborhood strays and she found these kittens on her porch she waited as long as she could for momma to come but she never did. Yes they where born 3 or 4 days ago

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Cats really do grieve. It's very sad. I've experienced it with some of my own cats. But now she's happy! :)

Post pictures of her with the babies when you get a chance!