HELP!!!! Very Pregnant Cat

kia kesser

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
My name is Kia Kesser I have a lot of experience with pregnant cats. I agree with the advice the other person gave you. She is just going through labor. You should definitely rub her belly but don't keep feeding her. If the kittens come out and are still she won't focus on them as much as the ones that are more alive. Get a sock and rub the kitten and it can help the kitten wake up. Throughout my 2 liters of kittens 2 always came out still. We rubbed them and they survived. I would love to help with the birth but after I would love to eventually adopt one. I've been looking for a kitten for weeks. Hope everything goes well! Good luck :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

myfurbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,
My name is Kia Kesser I have a lot of experience with pregnant cats. I agree with the advice the other person gave you. She is just going through labor. You should definitely rub her belly but don't keep feeding her. If the kittens come out and are still she won't focus on them as much as the ones that are more alive. Get a sock and rub the kitten and it can help the kitten wake up. Throughout my 2 liters of kittens 2 always came out still. We rubbed them and they survived. I would love to help with the birth but after I would love to eventually adopt one. I've been looking for a kitten for weeks. Hope everything goes well! Good luck :)
Still nothing yet but she finally went into her nest which she hasnt ever done on her own

Last edited by a moderator:

myfurbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Jezebel hasnt touched her food or water all day and just last she was eatting so much. I really dont like only being able to watch and wait i wish i could help her more. I am nervous for her so i desided to post an update to kind of distract myself

myfurbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am pretty sure i am going to go crazy before she even has the kittens lol i am in need of some sleep but she wont let me. I have been up for almost 48 hour straight

myfurbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
handsome kitty handsome kitty i am not sure if i should post it here or not but i also have another kitten we have resently rescued and she is badly injured due to previous owners. My question is she isnt wanting to due much besides eat and sleep sometimes she wont even eat is there anything else i can do for her?

She has already been to the vet and besides her injurys they said she will be fine.

I called the vet this morning and i am still waiting on a call back. I am also looking up numbers for emergency vets.

I wouldn't be so worried if she hadn't been acting fine considering 2 days ag

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is this kitten still recuperating from injuries? How old is the kitten? Is it still using the litter box?

As far as your pregnant cat, if she's in her nest and not eating all day, I would think she may be getting close. Otherwise, she really needs to eat.

And you really need some sleep. You'll have to find a way to get some sleep or you will make yourself sick.

myfurbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is this kitten still recuperating from injuries? How old is the kitten? Is it still using the litter box?

As far as your pregnant cat, if she's in her nest and not eating all day, I would think she may be getting close. Otherwise, she really needs to eat.

And you really need some sleep. You'll have to find a way to get some sleep or you will make yourself sick.
Yes she is still recovering. She is 5 to 6 weeks and she trys to use the litter box but sometimes she just cant make it.

Momma is back on my chest making huffing noises

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like mom is back in labor. Let's hope kittens come soon.

The 5-6 week old kitten may just be sad and lonely. Does she have a buddy or adult cat to play with or sleep with or look after her a bit?

Otherwise, she may need the extra rest to recover. Do you see any signs of a cold, or any mucus, diarrhea or vomiting?

myfurbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The kitten was with our pregnant cat but we had to separate her from everyone because she was getting aggressive. The kitten is now in the middle of our dogs cuddling with them. She had diarrhea when we first got her but she is normal now

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She may be confused by the way Jezebel is acting.  After the kittens are born, Jezebel will either welcome the kitten or be very protective of her litter.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Who was getting aggressive? The kitten? If so, what was she doing that was aggressive?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ah, that's what I thought. The kitten and pregnant cat need to be separated for now, then, as you are doing. The rejection may have the kitten feeling a bit forlorn. She's fine with the dogs as long as they are gentle with her.

You've got quite the menagerie there!

myfurbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ah, that's what I thought. The kitten and pregnant cat need to be separated for now, then, as you are doing. The rejection may have the kitten feeling a bit forlorn. She's fine with the dogs as long as they are gentle with her.

Jezebel has started having contractions again [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Yes we do we have 3 dogs 2 cats and cows

myfurbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

With in the past hour her nipples have gone from being full and white to saggy and pink is that good