Help, please! Throwing up breakfast and more.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If Nupro is getting him to eat again, I think it's fine. :nod: Very small amounts of garlic are OK - it is used in cat food to increase palatability - and it isn't something you plan to use long term. Let's face it - most of us were using (or are using) Fortiflora, and it's got animal digest in it.

I'm going through a similar problem with my Spooky now. She got constipated, then was throwing up, and decided she didn't want to eat even after her bowls returned to normal. They do like to keep us on our toes. :lol3:

:vibes: :vibes: :vibes: things keep improving!

mslemon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The additives/treats suggested work maybe once, then not again.  Pure chicken and pork did not tempt him.  Tuna juice only SORT-OF worked once!   EVO 95% chicken worked more than once, thank goodness!  Switching the food from a plate to a bowl worked sometimes.  Or from the bowl to a plate.  Or if it was ANOTHER cat's food, sometimes he'd  want it.
Hahaha! these are the games we play, too, and this is just dealing with getting them to eat canned food. Only instead of EVO, the preferred flavor is one of the Tiki Tunas. And we're trying to wean them off the fishy mess. 

I'm finding getting them to raw is like those famous walks to school of yore: five miles, in the snow, uphill, both ways and barefoot. 

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
 I'm finding getting them to raw is like those famous walks to school of yore: five miles, in the snow, uphill, both ways and barefoot. :dizzy:
:flail: :flail: :flail: I'm transitioning eight. Four of them are doing great - natural carnivores. The others... let's just say I couldn't stop laughing when I read that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carmina piranha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, the initial transition for us was sooo easy,  I guess I had some payback coming!  I hope you two get things to an easier point soon.  Now that Jackson is scarfing down most everything, Mynah is acting fussy.

But, more good news (sort of) :

Today was our first time with chicken hearts.  Everybody was hungry, everybody got one, warmed up.  Everybody walked away!!  (I didn't stick Jackson in the carrier for this).  But...a little later, Jackson started playing with one.  I took it out of the bowl and cut in in half.  So he started playing with a different one.  Fine, whatever.  Then, Jackson ate all 4 of the hearts, while the two "food shovels" lounged in the sun.  He needed those calories, and they didn't!  But, I do want to get everybody chewing hearts. 

mslemon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, the initial transition for us was sooo easy,  I guess I had some payback coming!
Yup! Just when you think you got it made, someone goes rogue. 

LDG, I've got a half-donkey bunch here, too - 3 out of 6. If they'd all eat like Mini Purrl, life would be too boring I guess. Told hubby had I known about her appetite, I would have named her Dyson. She never loses suction, not one tiddly bit. 

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, the initial transition for us was sooo easy,  I guess I had some payback coming!  I hope you two get things to an easier point soon.  Now that Jackson is scarfing down most everything, Mynah is acting fussy.

But, more good news (sort of) :
Today was our first time with chicken hearts.  Everybody was hungry, everybody got one, warmed up.  Everybody walked away!!  (I didn't stick Jackson in the carrier for this).  But...a little later, Jackson started playing with one.  I took it out of the bowl and cut in in half.  So he started playing with a different one.  Fine, whatever.  Then, Jackson ate all 4 of the hearts, while the two "food shovels" lounged in the sun.  He needed those calories, and they didn't!  But, I do want to get everybody chewing hearts. 
GO JACKSON! :clap: :clap: :clap: I'm hoping he kept them down? :cross: :vibes:

Yup! Just when you think you got it made, someone goes rogue. :rolleyes2

LDG, I've got a half-donkey bunch here, too - 3 out of 6. If they'd all eat like Mini Purrl, life would be too boring I guess. Told hubby had I known about her appetite, I would have named her Dyson. She never loses suction, not one tiddly bit. 
That's our Billy. :rolleyes: I have to prevent him from inhaling everyone else's food. :lol3:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carmina piranha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Jackson did keep all those hearts down!  His barfing problem is OVER!  I think it was just a queasy 24-48 hours, due to the first throwup (caused by too much kidney/stomach acid).  All the kitties are back to good appetites.  I got my human pet carnivore (husband) to chop up some hearts, and now everybody will eat them.  We just have to work them up in size now so that can be their muscle chunks.  It's nice to have things back to easy.  (I'm still going to keep him on enzymes for awhile)

Also, Jackson is even doing better about not getting distracted away from his food, so I can leave him out of his carrier and keep the feedings in the kitchen.

furryfriends50

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is great that Sven likes raw!  Hopefully the others will follow his example