Help please 5 day old kitten

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Very good! More is always better, but that is good progress! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tash228

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much for all the replys been such amazing support !

tash228

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have decided to call her kitty :) and kitkat is her nick name - weigh in today is - 184 grams ! She has put on a total of 12 grams in 24 hours [emoji]128151[/emoji] Yay very happy with that

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you're doing a great job.  I can't wait to see a pic of her with her eyes open.

tash228

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Last edited by a moderator:

tash228

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitten is waking up wet ?
I can feel little wet spots on the towel - no colour or very light pale yellow sometimes been doing this for nearly 24 hours I wake it for feeds every 2-3 hours
It's back legs will be wet and bum and private parts I can't see poo though , I wipe it straight away with cotton balls and water and the Cotten balls are clear so I'm not thinking it's poo that's making the wetness , can kittens pee on its own this early or is something wrong ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's pee. Just clean her up so she doesn't get urine burn. Use a warm, damp cloth. She's adorable! [emoji]128149[/emoji]

tash228

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad it's only pee !! Was very worried for a minute hahah -
And she rolls over for me haha she think she's a puppy I think !
Sadly I've only seen a small gain today of 3 grams :/ it really is hit and miss with baby kittens isn't it , some days we have seen 12 grams and some days non , I hope to see a better gain tomorow ,
She's a fighter our little gift from god that's for sure
All we can do is show it love and trust and try our very best to help her grow

tash228

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've been able to locate a nursing cat from a friend who have its own babies not much older then this one who's accepted her in ! So far she's doing great and feeding and cuddling up with the other kittens , I hope this will save her life

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you know anything about the health of this mom cat? How did she get pregnant? Does she go outside?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Will you be taking her back when she is older? How many kittens in the litter? Your kitten still needs to be weighed daily to ensure that she's gaining enough.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been able to locate a nursing cat from a friend who have its own babies not much older then this one who's accepted her in ! So far she's doing great and feeding and cuddling up with the other kittens , I hope this will save her life
So this is good news but not necessarily best for her, it depends on how many are in mom's litter, and because they are a bit older, if there are more than 3 she will struggle to nurse, they are established in their nursing spots, and will fight to keep her away.

So she must be watched and weighed carefully to be sure she continues to gain.

tash228

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is gaining , and she fights for her nipples haha she pushes the other kittens away , mum cat is inside , only 3 kittens in the group and mine makes 4 , mother cat is always cleaning her and they cuddle , so far she's been doing very well :)

tash228

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As much as we love her we were not sure if we would be keeping her , I just wanted to give her a chance to survive . I feel like she's doing better with "muma cat " then with me , I visit often weighing her as well