Help! Petsmart adoption!!

cubbie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SphynxMommy

Sammy is a HE! Its a bad habit with two girl cats they are all she!

Do you guys think the hissing is ok? They are not swatting or jumping on him. When I got my second sphynx they both immediately started loving on each other and got on fab from the start. Is separating them at night a good idea for awhile?? thanks again for your helpful answers.
Hissing is normal especially for well established cats. My boy Gunner was a brat for about 2 weeks when I got Taylor. He got over it and now they are like brothers.

Congrats on the adoption! I'm soooo glad you followed up on the adoption. I just had an unsuccessful experience with a PetsMart adoption.

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww congratulations. You and your kids (and husband too??
) must be thrilled about your new little one. He is just adorable. I can't wait to see more pictures of him! (Does he have a little moustache? If so that's so sweet!!)

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats on your new baby! he realy is gorgeous and thank you for adopting an older kitty

oh, and snow tabbies (that's what I call kitties with his markings) do seem to shed ALOT!

luvslive

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So cute! Congratulations! It sounds like Sammy will have a great life with your family.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sphynxmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvslive

So cute! Congratulations! It sounds like Sammy will have a great life with your family.
Ahhh thanks!! We loves him lots already. And yes its a moustache!!!!!
Night all!

kittydad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got my 2 precious furbabies from animal care via petsmart. They did not grill me, but I did tell them that if they wished to go outside onto the balcony, they would be in a harness and on a leash. I was very honest with them about everything. They did not call anyone, and approved me instantly for my 2 precious little ones. Guess I have an idea of what I am doing???

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww...Sammy's a handsome guy!
You've got to love the 'stache! I'm sure he'll settle in nicely...your two have just never seen so much fur in one place before!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sammy is finally there
and o my, what a cutie pie
those pics are great
I cant wait to see more
Please keep us updated on how things are going
and once again CONGRATS

kittydad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congrats on getting Sammy, he is a real cutie. Cannot wait to see pics of the 3 of htem together in the future. I would not worry about the hissing, once your 2 other furbabies get used to sammy, things will be fine. Just be around incase something happens. Cannot wait for more pics, and congrats again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sphynxmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So things are going well!! I was a little worried last night, sammy wouldnt eat, drink or use the litter, but I put him in the bathroom overnight and awoke to food gone and litter filled!
This morning he greeted me with a meow and ran out and started exploring. I read his paperwork last night and apparently the last home had to give him up because the other cat beat the crap out of him constantly. He refused to fight back and the owner couldnt let him be abused like that. So needless to say this cat is the most laid back docile animal I have ever seen. My other babies are hissing occasionally and he just kind of stares at them and moves on. Sammy has not hissed ONCE! I am sure they will all be fine, my two are precious and loving and I am sure iwthin a day or so they will be fast friends. As far as pictures of them all together, that might take a day or two!!!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

So things are going well!! I was a little worried last night, sammy wouldnt eat, drink or use the litter, but I put him in the bathroom overnight and awoke to food gone and litter filled!
This morning he greeted me with a meow and ran out and started exploring. I read his paperwork last night and apparently the last home had to give him up because the other cat beat the crap out of him constantly. He refused to fight back and the owner couldnt let him be abused like that. So needless to say this cat is the most laid back docile animal I have ever seen. My other babies are hissing occasionally and he just kind of stares at them and moves on. Sammy has not hissed ONCE! I am sure they will all be fine, my two are precious and loving and I am sure iwthin a day or so they will be fast friends. As far as pictures of them all together, that might take a day or two!!!
I am glad that Sammy ate and went to the potty, Sammy just sound so sweet, and I think he will fit in fine, him not hissing back proves just how sweet he is. I hope your other babies give him a chance and start to love him just like you and the rest of your family does.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

i am so glad that things r going so well
remember tho hissing is normal at first and i think they will get used to each other in no time
it took Stormie almost a month to get used to Blue and Tessa and now they are always playing together
although now bella isnt playing as much because Stormies always playing with the other cats
but ur 3 will be friends in no time
and thanx for the update