Help me;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

allnatural585

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lizzy had 2 kittens in early morning.. So cute! She had them under a dresser in not the quietest, safest or warmest place there is. When is it ok to move the new family?

littlebooty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lol!! U will find she may bleed a little for next few days as her uterus is retracting back - pretty much as we do after giving birth, just make a mental note that is should be a few drops here and there if it becomes heavier it maybe worth a check up with vet

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She will have discharge after every kitten and when she is finally done she will have a little to clear out the uterus. She might have growled because she noticed the area changed. or she sensed something different. Like a warning "stay out of my space" She will be protective of her kittens from everyone. keep fresh water available and watch her 2 kittens could be it and then she might still have some more. Sometimes it can be a while before all are delivered. did you get a chance to feel her tummy yet?

Great news

littlebooty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Growling hmmm not sure??? If she is fine with the kittens I'd be inclined to think she is communicating with them! If anyone else knows the answer please correct me!! [emoji]128513[/emoji]

allnatural585

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She hasn't come back out from under the dresser. It looks like a fresh water spot on the floor so I think she might be trying to have another but?? She won't lay in the blanket I put under there so the mess is all over my tan carpet;( kitten snuggles;)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She's growling to tell you to stay away from her babies. "Do not follow me under this dresser, got that?" growled Lizzy. "I'm warning you to not touch my babies!"

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

The babies look plump and healthy! Lizzy has done a great job.

How many total? :)

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Birthing is a messy job. If you can get a towel under her with out disturbing her OK but you can clean the rug up later.

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She can go hours between kittens if the daddy had impregnated her several different times can mean why the delay or just that the kitten was not ready to come out. If you can weight the kittens using a gram scale as soon as possible as you should track the weights to see if the kittens are growing well. you might not get a chance to weigh them until Lizzy leaves the nest.

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lizzy will be very protective of her kittens that is why to keep kids and others away from the nest. She will do anything even moving the kittens if she feels threatened.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If you are sure she is done, bring the box out and gently put the kittens in, and take it to your bedroom closet or wherever you want to put it. Lizzy should follow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Close the door to the room so Lizzy does not attempt to move them back. She needs peace and quiet and low lighting. Move her food, water, and litter into that room also. She should be happy with this arrangement, away from the ruckus! :)

allnatural585

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's so cute!!! She doesn't seem to mind me peeking in on her and petting her... But I haven't touched the kittens... Horror story of my sister in-laws kittens has prevented me from that! She doesn't look threatened at all. I did let the kids look for about 30 seconds and that was it. Even if no one in here with her when she goes to get back under the dresser she growls.. I thought you weren't suppose to touch the kittens? So should I move them to a safer place and weigh them or just leave her be??? She looks so cozy under there I would hate to disturb her.

allnatural585

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Got it... Going to wait just a little while longer to ensure she is done.. She wasn't totally huge but I thought there would be more than 2. She hasn't come out for me to touch her belly..

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She wasn't huge, and she had two good-sized kittens. They look a week old to me already! Nice oven work on your little buns, Lizzy!

allnatural585

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is there a way to know for sure if she's done. I know it sounds gross but I just looked at her lady parts and there was a clear to yellow fluid coming out...??? Water breaking or discharge??? She still seems to be content but breathing heavier than normal.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sounds like there could be one more. Sometimes there are after pains, but with the discharge, she may be about to deliver either another kitten or a placenta. Let's wait and see.

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Did you count the Placentas and kittens to make sure you had 1 each?? You might have more or she will be discharging the after birth. watch and wait. As long as she is not distressed then don't worry.

allnatural585

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nothing is happening, she's just sleepin and kittens are nursing on and off. I was nervous that she was scared as I directly watched her cause she kept growling so I just listened from the couch... I didn't see either placenta.. By the time I got up the first one was almost all clean. I heard her licking the second one but again didn't want to scare her so just let her be... ;(