Help me;)

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Even if you did not see them if you noticed the activity then most likely all the placentas have been passed. Keep your distance until she comes to you for assistance or if you notice any distress like meowing or crying painfully. You should have a litter pan in the area and figure out were you plan to move the kittens to a warmer area and which box you plan on using. After you move then close her in with the babies and food, litter box etc. If you can get everything ready and when mommy leaves for a potty run put the kittens in a box and lead the mommy into the location where you have everything setup and close her in with her babies. keep your kids and other animals away. Few people have the daddy but he needs to be kept away also.

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is there a way to know for sure if she's done. I know it sounds gross but I just looked at her lady parts and there was a clear to yellow fluid coming out...??? Water breaking or discharge??? She still seems to be content but breathing heavier than normal.
As long as the discharge is not smelly and pussy then it is normal. Smelly can be told like a woman's monthly you know the smell if worse than that and pussy then worry. Has she passed any more?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Maybe put them in a box with fresh linens and slide them back under for now? They look great! :)

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
mommies try and find the smallest placed so that they feel Protected. Do you have a more secure place that you can set up for the nursery? I understand the previous note was a little dramatic but if your a woman I think you can tell by that when it smells wrong. If not a woman it can be pretty smelly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

allnatural585

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are both so cute... Having a hard time deciding which one to keep!! sarthur2 you were right... It's coming to we might have to keep them both! They don't move around much yet... A little bit inside of the closet but not out of the closet. Hopefully soon as my kids have very patient to touch and pet them.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Lol - it's so easy to fall in love! And then it becomes like "Sophie's Choice" - who gets to stay with mom in a familiar environment, and who doesn't? They will be best friends too, and I think kittens fare better when they have another kitten to play with!

allnatural585

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My husband thinks their cute... But I don't if he thinks their that cute!! lol the kids and I are hoping so but??

tsukiyomi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My husband thinks their cute... But I don't if he thinks their that cute!! lol the kids and I are hoping so but??
How can any man resist that much cuteness!? I know I wouldn't be able to say "one needs to be rehomed" than again I'd be the one saying "their both staying".

allnatural585

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can I bathe the kittens?? If so what could I use for shampoo??