Help me name my new kitten!! lots of pics!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yarra

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mollysmom

Thanks for the tips.
We're definitely looking in to some good prescription allergy meds. Good luck with your kitties!
No problem! It's the baths that helped me though. The most! Whenever I feel I am getting a bit reactive, I give polly a bath and POOF! No problems!

yarra

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
whoops. sorry.

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats hate baths so I use those allergy wipes. They seem to help a little bit. Have you tried them, Yarra? Do you find them as or less effective than the baths?

yarra

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SnowLeop

My cats hate baths so I use those allergy wipes. They seem to help a little bit. Have you tried them, Yarra? Do you find them as or less effective than the baths?
I have tried them. And yes, I have found a good ole' soak in the tub to me much more effective! lol It pulls away the dander that builds up at the root of the hair.

She gets a nice, Scratch and pull when I give her her bath. lol. I scratch with the pads of my fingers to loosen everything up, and pull lightly to get out any loose hair.

Make sure you are using a soap intended for cats though, and that it contains moisturizers. One day Jordan used my Dove Body Wash on her, as he thought it would be good for her skin. lol Talk about a greese ball! Poor girl.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yarra

No problem! It's the baths that helped me though. The most! Whenever I feel I am getting a bit reactive, I give polly a bath and POOF! No problems!

What helps me is that Molly and Polly are both Siamese, which are hypoallergenic.

lilo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mollysmom

What helps me is that Molly and Polly are both Siamese, which are hypoallergenic.
No quite right I'm afraid.

I had a siamese cat, purebred from show line, and all of the people who were allergic to cats were still allergic to him.

BTW, that kitten is such a cutie

And I love the name Virginia (Ginny), I have such fond memories of the vacations that I spent there

Also her coloring is called a Torbie and white (because of the tabby patern in her grey), not Calico.

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yarra

I have tried them. And yes, I have found a good ole' soak in the tub to me much more effective! lol It pulls away the dander that builds up at the root of the hair.

She gets a nice, Scratch and pull when I give her her bath. lol. I scratch with the pads of my fingers to loosen everything up, and pull lightly to get out any loose hair.

Make sure you are using a soap intended for cats though, and that it contains moisturizers. One day Jordan used my Dove Body Wash on her, as he thought it would be good for her skin. lol Talk about a greese ball! Poor girl.
Okay, and you do this once a month of once a week? Also, what's the name of the shampoo? And did you get a special nozzle (sp?) for your bathtub tap to wash her?

Thanks so much. I'm hoping this will help my allergies. They've been really bad, lately.

yarra

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SnowLeop

Okay, and you do this once a month of once a week? Also, what's the name of the shampoo? And did you get a special nozzle (sp?) for your bathtub tap to wash her?

Thanks so much. I'm hoping this will help my allergies. They've been really bad, lately.
I used to wash her in the bathtub. Fill it to a little past her tummy. She seemed more secure with the whole thing that way.

Once we moved to the new apartment, they had a deeper kitchen sink and a spray nozzel. That seems to work just fine. I still fill the sink to her belly though.

I would start with the bathtub and some thick gloves and bath once a week until the kitties get used to it!

Any shampoo would be good. You just want to get the dander off. That is what we are allergic to.

I use the kind in the squeeze tube. It's blue and is baby powder scented. You can get it at Pet'smart.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have her evaluated by a vet dear. It is very common for kittens to have seizures when they are young (it goes away, and is normally not a big deal) but she does need to be evaluated for neurological issues...The vet will observe the way she walks, how she holds her head, and if she tilts or leans when walking. It shouldn't be too expensive
. She is a gorgeous diluted calico. I'm glad little roxy found a good home with you.