Help! Kitty with intestinal lymphoma won't eat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, anemia can sometimes be treated!  I know he has other problems, and I know you don't want to poke and prod him to make his life miserable, but one thing that can help with anemia is simply giving him more Vitamin B.  Did they give him a Vit B shot while you were there?  I just looked up anemia on Tanya's kidney site (my go to for pretty much anything), and found this product, which she added to a little baby food and her cat gobbled down with no issues  http://www.vedco.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=136&Itemid=26.  And it's not very pricey.  Did your Vet discuss ANY treatment for it?  There are others, or have you decided enough is enough

If you're interested, here's the page of Tanya's website that discusses anemia:  http://www.felinecrf.org/anaemia.htm  

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh dear, you posted while I was typing.

I'm so sorry

But it sounds like you have a wonderful day planned for Krash.  I hope the weather up there is good for your picnic and what not

Sven
was my soul cat, and I still miss him so much, and I still talk to him and still get teary eyed when I do, but it gets easier with time
.   We had 3 other cats though, and that really helped. 

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family today, and with Krash

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
   Although you'll love Krash forever, the last act of love you can do for him is relieving him of pain and letting him run free at the bridge. He knows how much you love him, and from the what you described, it sounds like he's telling you it's time, and that it'll be okay.  
  It hurts bad. Enjoy your time with him today on your outing. Lots of love for Krash. 

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
As you found the perfect companion and unconditinal love in Krash, know that he found the same in you. How fortunate you both are to have found one another and to have been able to spend 14 years together. That is very, very special.

My heart breaks for you. I'll be thinking of you both and praying for you all day.

Last edited:

tinybash

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can still feel Gerry come into bed with me some nights and hear him walking into the living room even though I lost him 7 years ago. Krash won't leave you. I am a great believer in that. My heart is breaking for you, Krash and your family. I know how you're feeling as I've been here before. Please message me anytime. X

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krashballz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can't express how much each one of you has meant to me during all of this. Your thoughts, prayers, friendship, advice, & love has made such a huge difference for me and for Krash. This has been my go to place when something happened or when I had questions. And you guys never let me down. I hope I can help someone one day the same way you guys all helped me.
I'll still be around on the site. I feel like I found my "people." :) Now maybe I will enjoy the other parts of TCS that I've barely paid attention to before now.
I will continue to think of all your kitties and all of you as I deal with this.
Thank you again, you guys. It means the world to me.

iloveprincess

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, this is absolutely heartbreaking. I am so sorry it has come to this. You obviously gave Krash an AMAZING, AMAZING life and he is so grateful to have parents like you and your husband. Please enjoy your last day together. I'm giving you and Krash big warm hugs. Please continue to visit this site. 

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You did everything you could and you loved and cared for him.   I know this is hard and there is grieving with doing this but may you find peace with this decision.  Letting go when the time has come is the last loving act that we can do for a beloved pet.

iloveprincess

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had to come back and tell you that I'm getting teary-eyed thinking about what you're going through. I wish you never had to say goodbye. We are all here for support when you need us.

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was just looking again through a book my vet gave me on mourning and found an interesting fact: the word euthanasia is derived from the Greek word meaning 'happy or fortunate in death'

This certainly puts a different perspective on the word, the notion that one is loved so much that their family chooses to send them peacefully to the other side, surrounded by love and comfort the entire time. It is the ultimate act of love.

The author also emphasizes that deep grief cannot be felt without great love and the alternative is a lifetime of apathy and loneliness. We open our whole hearts to our pets and it is so very rewarding. The price we pay is the crushing loss when they leave us. But it is worth the price to have all the loving, special memories of your best friend ever, who knew your every mood and emotion, and who was there for you unconditionally. So many people go through their entire life without once experiencing a bond so deep and I pity those unfortunate souls.

Our pets are little angels, and I wholeheartedly believe that we will be reunited with them when we move on from this existence.

Last edited:

dan32

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not that it will help, but with kidney disease the hormone that generates red blood cell production stops being made by the kidneys.  Maybe that is the cause of his anemia.  My old Kevin with CKD eventually succumbed to anemia and got so weak he could no longer climb the stairs.  I moved the bed down to the main floor for that last week so we could be together.  I would have carried him across the country to save him.  He just slipped away on his own.

If Krash's anemia was from internal bleeding, it would have probably hit him faster than it has.  Kinney, who I lost recently had that kind of anemia and I was able to pull him along for a number of weeks with a blood transfusion.  But if it is from kidney disease, there is little that can be done.

My vet told me you only get one favorite..  My heart goes out to you as you say goodbye.

krashballz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just updating everyone- Krash is gone. He had some sort or respiratory strain and couldn't breathe so we rushed him to the ER and had him put to rest. He was a good kitty, right up to the very end. My face was the last thing he saw. And I love you was the last thing he heard.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry he had to leave you and hope you're dealing with it well. After 14 years of love, his absence is going to be tough to get used to. :hugs:

I'd like to express the condolences of the entire TCS team. When you feel up to it, you can post a tribute to Krash in the Crossing the Bridge forum.

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just updating everyone- Krash is gone. He had some sort or respiratory strain and couldn't breathe so we rushed him to the ER and had him put to rest. He was a good kitty, right up to the very end. My face was the last thing he saw. And I love you was the last thing he heard.
I'm so very sorry for your loss. 

krashballz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The hole he left in my life, my heart and my home is enormous. It's overwhelming right now. I will post a tribute to him sometime soon. I thank you all again. So much.

iloveprincess

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I feel for you so much. He knew he was loved and that's all you can ask for. You gave him more love than any kitty could ever dream of. I truly believe that he will not want to leave your side, and you will still sense he is still around you. Remember and reflect on the happy, beautiful moments with him. Just as you will never forget him, he will never forget you.

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You and Krash have become a part of all our lives over the past few weeks. Take some comfort in the fact that we are grieving with you. I am truly sorry for you x
I couldn't have said it any better.  My eyes are so teary I can barely see to type
  We DO all grieve together here.  I am so very sorry. 

Status
Not open for further replies.