Help I’ve Tried Everything!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

08lisa77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
YAY!!! Don't feel bad. The way I look at it is how would I like to be walking around with all that anxiety all the time? I never gave the liquid in the mouth. I would mix it in the wet food for my girl and she did OK with that.
With my boy, I put the pill in pill pockets.
That it True. He must feel better since he hasn’t gone outside the litter box since. I’m still amazed! Every day I’m thrilled compared to before, where everyday before my coffee I’d be cleaning up something. Horrible way to start a day lol! I didn’t realize you can put it in his food. That’s a great idea!! I love this site haha

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think calories matter, but the type of calories do too. High protein moderate fat, and low carb is best. Cats need a high amount of protein per day, if they are eating a higher carb, or high fat and low protein diet they will keep eating trying to get the protein they need. This often results in an overweight cat.

I feed both wet and free feed dry. Low carb is usually easier to find in wet foods. personally i think you can keep a cat a healthy weight with either wet, dry, or a combination of the two.

I do think its best to have part of the diet wet, as its good for the urinary health, and its easier to find a low carb high protein wet food. I don't suggest Hangry cats ever :) I was just curious as to why you were stopping the wet.

i use these links to check the calories, protein, fat and carbs, maybe you can get some use out of them.

CatFoodDB - Cat Food Reviews to help you find the best cat food for your cat

http://catinfo.org/docs/CatFoodProteinFatCarbPhosphorusChart.pdf

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

08lisa77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What type of food you you use? Also, do you filter their water? I assume public water is terrible for us, so I’m sure it is for the kitty’s too. They like to drink from the sink and I’m hesitant. Just curious about your thoughts and the type of wet/dry food you’re using. Thanks!