Help !! Is this normal for a heavily pregnant cat ?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would bet on the abscess, especially if she was in a fight. Definitely get her on an antibiotic, you can get one over the counter from your vet or order it on the internet. It will eventually burst and there will be a lot of watery, bloody discharge, so be ready. If it is a bad tooth, the antibiotic will be needed anyway for that too. The best thing to do of course is get her to a vet, it would be diagnosed definitely then, All the luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi , only for a few minutes to do her business and I've been watching her the whole time . I have 3 cats that can come in and go out has they please through a little window but Ive kept it shut today and I shall be keeping Hazel in tonight I've set her litter tray up

flow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks di&bob , I'll be ringing first thing in the morning , I left it today because I thought it might have been a wasp sting . But I've read they go down after a few hours . She has been catching a lot of frogs lately could that of mabe caused it ?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would get her in to be spayed ASAP as well. There is a good chance you just overheard a mating, and that the injury occurred then. You do not want her body going through that stress again so soon.

Last edited:

flow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I shall be it's been a bit difficult lately financially to get her done but she stays in a lot more since she had her kittens in March . but it was definitely not through mating it was a cat fight this feral black cat full of scars he is has been attacking my older male cat also

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She should not go outside at all until she is spayed. She can get pregnant at any time now, whether she is in heat or not.

flow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will book her in when I get an appointment tomorrow. I will keep her indoors But do you think this lump is an abscess then ?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do. I think it's an infection. It could be from a tooth and coming from an internal issue or it could be from an external injury. Either way, a vet should take a look.

flow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks talking peanut I really appreciate everyone's advice on this site . I tried calling them tonight but they were closed and she didn't seem to be in that much pain to ring emergency vet but hopefully if I call early they will get her in straight away

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She definitely needs to be seen by a vet. I'm guessing the tom is hanging around your garden hoping to mate with one of your cats. Please keep them all in for now.

flow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Phoning in the morning ASAP , two of my cats are male and they have both been done , I only have the one girl so this feral cat can try he's luck with them but won't get what he wants lol . My girls in now she's fast asleep in the dining room she can't get out

flow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey all , I've just got back from the vets they said it's not an abscess. They took a biopsy but couldn't see much has there was to many red blood cells but there was bacteria and they said she might have banged it . They have given her antibiotics for a week and fingers crossed the swelling goes down if not they think it may be cancerous :(

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's surprising! Fingers crossed that all is well. Please keep us posted.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm hoping that the antibiotics take care of whatever it is.

Did the vet consider whether it could be a dental problem?

flow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They didn't say anything about dental they didn't even look in her mouth ! I'm hoping the swelling goes down but she seems so happy and healthy in her self . I will keep you all updated . Roll on next Tuesday for her next appointment

flow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I'm going to make sure they do , if not I'll get a second opinion from a different vets

Foxxycat- it doesn't seem to hurt her and she will let me look if I try

flow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey all , Hazel is on day 3 of antibiotics her face seems to have got a little better . I can feel a lump now in there , I can only explain its like a moveable cyst ?? Hard to explain sry

Last edited by a moderator: