Help !! Is this normal for a heavily pregnant cat ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey all I'm here again !! So Hazel had her baby's on the sofa !! I've got her box ready with fresh blankets how can I get her and the kittens in the box with out upsetting her ? I really need to clean the sofa and it's not the best place for her to stop ? Any ideas would be great thanks X

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hey all I'm here again !! So Hazel had her baby's on the sofa !! I've got her box ready with fresh blankets how can I get her and the kittens in the box with out upsetting her ? I really need to clean the sofa and it's not the best place for her to stop ? Any ideas would be great thanks X
Yes, it should go fine.  If you can have the prepared nest next to the sofa, and carry them over one after another, so momma sees what you are doing, and they are still nearby.

Momma is anyways not happy with a soiled birthing place.   So unless she protests, you can move them.

If you have a heating pad, you can lay it in the nest before move, so the nest is immediately nice and comfortable - but this is extra.

flow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks stefanz I've done what you said and got them all comfy in there box , and I've got a clean sofa haha

flow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And I'm back agaiiiiinnnn !! So hazel has had her kittens and every time they cry she is growling ? She's letting them feed and she's cleaning them a lot , but every time I'm in the room she keeps looking at me and giving me a purring meaow like she wants me to do something for her ... I was there for all the labour comforting her and had to help break sacs on the last 2 kittens and clean them because she was to tired . She's not neglecting and ? Is this normal ?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And I'm back agaiiiiinnnn !! So hazel has had her kittens and every time they cry she is growling ? She's letting them feed and she's cleaning them a lot , but every time I'm in the room she keeps looking at me and giving me a purring meaow like she wants me to do something for her ... I was there for all the labour comforting her and had to help break sacs on the last 2 kittens and clean them because she was to tired . She's not neglecting and ? Is this normal ?
She may just want some company, or she may want you to leave her alone. She should have access to food, water, and a litter box close to her nest so she doesn't have to go far.

Very cute!!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Beautiful litter! Glad they are in their nest now. You did great, and so did mom! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Be sure mom has plenty of wet food, dry food, and water nearby, along with her litter box. If she ate all 6 placentas she may be full for awhile, and/or have some diarrhea. It is okay for moms to leave the nest and take breaks while the kittens sleep. Sometimes it takes mom cats a couple of days to really settle in. It sounds like all is well for now! [emoji]128149[/emoji]

flow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks they really are beautiful, Her food and water is next to her with dry mix and wet , and her litter is close by . There was only 5 placentas as there was a set of twins . She ate them all . She has had a bit of her food to eat and seems more settled now . I know it sounds crazy but I think she wanted me to stay with the kittens why she had some food .. I like to think that anyway

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Cats do want a babysitter! My cat began leaving her kittens with me to take a big nap on my bed when the kittens were about 6 weeks old! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thanks they really are beautiful, Her food and water is next to her with dry mix and wet , and her litter is close by . There was only 5 placentas as there was a set of twins . She ate them all . She has had a bit of her food to eat and seems more settled now . I know it sounds crazy but I think she wanted me to stay with the kittens why she had some food .. I like to think that anyway
Oh yeah, its very probable.  Cats do have sometimes co-moms system, often their sisters or daugters.  Sometimes even their male partner.

And you are her mommy, so the probablility she wants your presence is double as big...

flow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cats do want a babysitter! My cat began leaving her kittens with me to take a big nap on my bed when the kittens were about 6 weeks old! [emoji]128522[/emoji]
Aww that's so sweet

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful  family!  It's great mom wants you to babysit and hang out with her.  She trusts you.

flow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you handsomekitty, my son has named them ,
Chuck Norris
John cena
Kim Kardashian
Potatoe
Jackie chan
Kylie Jenner

Hazel is a lynx point Siamese, could any one tell me what type of kittens they are please 3 look tabby but don't know about the. Other beauties

flow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Potato! Random I know lol They are all similar like the ones on the photo and also she seems to have had 3 mild contractions in the last couple of hours but doesn't look pregnant any more and she doesn't seem distressed ?

flow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey all I'm back again !! You have all helped me so much already and saved me a fortune !!
So Hazel had 6 kittens yesterday she is fine eating , drinking using the litter tray fine . Feeding and grooming the kittens fine but she's just got up and I've noticed some blood coming from her it's not poring it's like a little blood cot ... the vets are closed here now so any feedback will really help me . Warning graphic photo !!!!

flow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's cleared it away now it looks fine and normal but I won't be able to do anything till in the morning

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely watch for any additional bleeding and be prepared to rush her to the hospital if necessary.

Last edited by a moderator: