HELP! I don't know what to do!

Virtuallcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is a domestic short hair. I recently went on a trip. We left Thursday night and have just gotten home mid day Sunday. When I got home I had painfully realized my cat had been locked in a room with no food or water since we had left late Thursday night. I instantly got her and brought her to her food and water where she was purring immensely she instantly started to nibble at her food and drink some water. I haven't left her side and have been giving her some Mads amounts of attention while petting her I noticed she was shedding. She has repeatedly gotten food and used her litter box as well as gotten water since then I but I'm scared I might be to late and fear the worst I feel horrible and have been crying and apologizing and giving her mass amount of love I just need advice on what to do

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
Take a breath; she's eating and drinking, and is using the litterbox. This is all normal. Cats often shed from stress.

Why are you concerned that you were too late? Are you seeing something else that indicates you should take her to the vet?

This lists symptoms of fatty liver disease
Fatty Liver Disease in Cats | PetMD

Last edited:

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Next time you go away please have someone check on her at least once a day so something like this doesn't happen again. Also they can make sure her supplies haven't run out and give her much needed attention.