Help! Healthy Himalayan In Danger Of Euthanasia In Quebec

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took screenshots of the Kijiji ad, plus I have the vaccination records for Chanelle and the two other cats. I have her full name, address and contact information (but there was a For Sale sign outside her house, so...)

I'll be contacting a vet friend of mine to get her input about reporting someone.
I wonder if the stress of moving had something to do with Chanelle's "behavior problems", and for some reason the owner never really bonded that well with her. Either way, she's precious (I love her video of batting the toy around first thing in the morning!)

sjpennytoum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey all! Chanelle has had another good day, more exploring and playing, plus a good brush.

A question, since I've never lived with a declawed cat... She enjoys kneading carpet and a couple other rough surfaces in the room. Is there another kind of texture that I could provide her that she might enjoy?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey all! Chanelle has had another good day, more exploring and playing, plus a good brush.

A question, since I've never lived with a declawed cat... She enjoys kneading carpet and a couple other rough surfaces in the room. Is there another kind of texture that I could provide her that she might enjoy?
Maybe a sisal scratching mat?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OH GOD! That video! I have a sneaky feeling that some of her "health" issues may be stress-related, and we're going to see a whole, new Chanelle before this is over! Bet this is the first time she's really relaxed in a long, long time. We know that cats are energy sponges...how must she have felt, living in a place where she was disliked and resented? THANK YOU, both FelisCatus FelisCatus and sjpennytoum sjpennytoum for rescuing this girl! Happy tears, here.

sjpennytoum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's an amazing girl and I'm going to do what I can to keep her happy :)

ALSO: I will be taking Chanelle to my trusted vet on Wednesday evening to talk over her "issues", have my vet look at her papers, and get some recommendations regarding her diet (her previous owner had her exclusively on dry food, even though Chanelle's had multiple teeth pulled).