Help! Healthy Himalayan In Danger Of Euthanasia In Quebec

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I was browsing reddit and someone mentioned this cat. Apparently the owner wants to euthanize this cat if he doesn't get a home by the 15th, tomorrow! Why? Because her son is allergic. Absolutely horrible. The cat is declawed on all 4 claws too. The terrible owner wants $300 for adoption of this purebred? But maybe she could be talked down? I'm really hoping someone in the area can possibly take this cat in?

Adorable chatte himalayenne | Chats et chatons à adopter | Ville de Québec | Kijiji

Edit: She understands english but replies in French.

Last edited:

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
So I was browsing reddit and someone mentioned this cat. Apparently the owner wants to euthanize this cat if he doesn't get a home by the 15th, tomorrow! Why? Because her son is allergic. Absolutely horrible. The cat is declawed on all 4 claws too. The terrible owner wants $300 for adoption of this purebred? But maybe she could be talked down? I'm really hoping someone in the area can possibly take this cat in?

Adorable chatte himalayenne | Chats et chatons à adopter | Ville de Québec | Kijiji
I am in Ontario not too far away... unfortunately I already have more cats than I should and I exhausted all of my money trying to save my last cat from her fight with cancer ($2,000+).... if we could raise the $300 I would gladly take her in though. I could probably go after work tomorrow and arrive back sometime next morning. Worth it to save a kitties life!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am in Ontario not too far away... unfortunately I already have more cats than I should and I exhausted all of my money trying to save my last cat from her fight with cancer ($2,000+).... if we could raise the $300 I would gladly take her in though. I could probably go after work tomorrow and arrive back sometime next morning. Worth it to save a kitties life!
Also, apparently she understands english but replies in French.

I can also help out with the adoption fee if we're short after attempting to talk her down.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could you try contacting her to see what the current situation is? I just felt horrible about this poor cat.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you post the Reddit thread?
Yess found it. Kinda get lost in all the posts sometimes. Ironic since we're both childfree from what I remember.

Woman is euthanizing pet cat because son is allergic

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Yess found it. Kinda get lost in all the posts sometimes. Ironic since we're both childfree from what I remember.

Woman is euthanizing pet cat because son is allergic
You got that right!

I’ll read the thread, message her and post back.

I have never had a Persian/Himalayan kitty cat... anything I would need to be aware of @posiepurrs GaryT GaryT ? Keep in mind they are declawed on all 4s.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You got that right!

I’ll read the thread, message her and post back.

I have never had a Persian/Himalayan kitty cat... anything I would need to be aware of @posiepurrs GaryT GaryT ? Keep in mind they are declawed on all 4s.
Thank you sooooo much. You are truly wonderful for even looking into this at all. Thank you! I knew this would be the right place to post this.

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
I will give her a call instead... need to explain to her it's like an 8 hour drive and I wouldn't arrive until 10-11pm... unless I can get a half day off at work or something.
Went to voicemail... I will send her an email for now and try again in 30 mins. In the meantime do you want to post this thread on Reddit and ask if anyone can chip in?

I would post proof pics of picking her up and such of course.

I haven’t spoken French since high school so I think she will hate me... haha

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to voicemail... I will send her an email for now and try again in 30 mins. In the meantime do you want to post this thread on Reddit and ask if anyone can chip in?

I would post proof pics of picking her up and such of course.
Definitely!

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wish I could help! I have never dealt with a de-clawed cat! What kind of person does this? And what kind would rather kill a pet than offer it to someone who would cherish it?????

I would chip in but, I am on a fixed income and I just installed a new boiler last fall and I am digging out of that hole. I hope all goes well!

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
depends on the cat. Did she comb it? Is it all full of tangles now? If the kitty has never been combed, it can be difficult. You need to get them accustomed to it right from day one and do every day. Theo loves it now.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let me know if you had a different message in mind...I'm new at doing something like this.

Screenshot_20190214-163548_Reddit.jpg

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
When I read her Kijiji post she mentions the kitty cat will pee outside if the litter box is not cleaned often... I am guessing this is actually due to having been completely declawed so the litter hurts their paws. I highly doubt a person like her would put the time and effort in to learning regardless...