Help! Having Trouble with 5 orphaned kittens!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gmoda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I haven't yet, but I will as soon as I can.

gmoda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not the best. Violet had blood in her poop. The rest of them are okay, Blue is okayish, Green is pretty strong. I'm so lost. I don't want to lose anymore kittens. The fosters won't take them until Wednesday instead of this weekend. 

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hang in there.  Did you contact Tricia @ Sandpaper Kisses?  She can help, she knows the kittens are not doing so well.

gmoda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We've been so busy today, my mom was tied up with a lot of things. I'm not trying to avoid it, I'll try to contact them when I get the chance. I'll check in with her about Violet and Blue, the sickish ones. I'm trying to hang in there, I won't give up on these babies. Do you know anything we can use to soothe the swelling around their anuses? It's too late to contact the vet right now. I hear things about A&D ointment but I'm not certain.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

We've been so busy today, my mom was tied up with a lot of things. I'm not trying to avoid it, I'll try to contact them when I get the chance. I'll check in with her about Violet and Blue, the sickish ones. I'm trying to hang in there, I won't give up on these babies. Do you know anything we can use to soothe the swelling around their anuses? It's too late to contact the vet right now. I hear things about A&D ointment but I'm not certain.
As they are too young to lick and wash themselves, AD and similiar zinc containing pastes could work.  But zinc isnt not healthy for them.   You could try with olive or rapeseed oil.

I have found liquid soap containing goat milk when I was visiting Poland last time.   I feel it soothes nicely my sensitive areas.  Thus, if and when you find this raw goat milk - or even bottled milk - you can surely try and use this for it too.

Pardon me for mentioning it.   Im getting frustrated and despaired:

You got sound advices by several advisors and forumists,  how to try and turn around the big problem with your kittens.

Get goat milk, preferably RAW goat milk, or  KMR in powder.  combined with BeneBac.  

Im not even mentioning the weighting them, and giving them the amounts they shall have - do you do it??

You do everything else, you fight gallantly, but not follow the self base of our advices... You even go to vets, or at least talk about it.  so its not money nor effort which is the problem.    I know you put in an enormous effort and great mental energy into them - which is surely what keeps them alive.

I cant promise  these our advices would save your kittens - but it would be a correct and sound try to save them.

ps.  (btw,  PetAG has come recently with a new kmr, which combines both their powder KMR and BeneBac. I dont remember the name as I know it from a forumist telling, but if you are in a well equipped pet shop, you will probably recognize it, if its there).

gristol

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

As they are too young to lick and wash themselves, AD and similiar zinc containing pastes could work.  But zinc isnt not healthy for them.   You could try with olive or rapeseed oil.

I have found liquid soap containing goat milk when I was visiting Poland last time.   I feel it soothes nicely my sensitive areas.  Thus, if and when you find this raw goat milk - or even bottled milk - you can surely try and use this for it too.

Pardon me for mentioning it.   Im getting frustrated and despaired:

You got sound advices by several advisors and forumists,  how to try and turn around the big problem with your kittens.

Get goat milk, preferably RAW goat milk, or  KMR in powder.  combined with BeneBac.  

Im not even mentioning the weighting them, and giving them the amounts they shall have - do you do it??

You do everything else, you fight gallantly, but not follow the self base of our advices... You even go to vets, or at least talk about it.  so its not money nor effort which is the problem.    I know you put in an enormous effort and great mental energy into them - which is surely what keeps them alive.

I cant promise  these our advices would save your kittens - but it would be a correct and sound try to save them.

ps.  (btw,  PetAG has come recently with a new kmr, which combines both their powder KMR and BeneBac. I dont remember the name as I know it from a forumist telling, but if you are in a well equipped pet shop, you will probably recognize it, if its there).
Guys we are literally trying the best we can. Please understand my sister is a MINOR and can't go out or buy all the stuff you guys are recommending. In addition to the family drama currently going on, we are suffering under a lot of stress and trying the very best we can. I work a full time job and don't come home until very late, so I haven't been of much help either. We have found someone in Los Angeles that will take the three kittens, and they will be de-wormed next week. We have also bought Karo syrup, pumpkin (which they seemed to like a bit), but not goats milk as of yet (it's hard to find in our area). We are doing the best we can with your recommendations, we promise. Their health is of utmost importance. 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Yes, Desitin - or surely this similiar preparate, can be used on small orphans, whom not yet wash themselves.

Not for kittens with mommas, or whom do washes themselves, because zinc taken orally isnt healthy for them.

So, try with this, as  you seems to have it home.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Changing the food is probably the most important aspect of their care, which has been advised from the beginning but not tried. It has been urged because it has been shown to make a drastic health change for the better in many kittens on the forum.

G gristol

catsinneed

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

I would like to let you know about an excellent kitten formula the group I volunteer for is using. In the past when carrying for the newborns like you do, I was able to clear diarrhea with changing from the commercial formula the Fox Valley Nutrition powder milk. I've been using this formula for past five years. You  can order it on-line. You'll be amazed.

Barbara from Cats In Need of Human Care