Help guys

jsjdjdjd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does anyones cat went missing while sick and get back home?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Can you tell us more about what happened?

What was wrong with your cat? How long have they been missing?

I've had cats freak out after a vet visit and disappear for a day, but they weren't seriously ill. If a cat is very sick and thinks they are going to die they sometimes go off and hide by themselves.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jsjdjdjd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She had diarrhea for a couple of days. After that she just started to vommit and started to shake little bit and she was little weak. I let her outside for some fresh air and she disappeared. I am so sad. Letting her out was a big mistake.

jsjdjdjd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes. And she go from home from time to time and always get back home on her own on 1,2 eventually 3 day. But today started 4 day she is gonne. She is my everything. I am so sad. Don't know what else i can do. I searched for her at the that and at night.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Since she is not feeling well, she could be hiding out anywhere, including neighbors' yards as well as any sheds/decks/etc. on their property. So, it is very important to check with your neighbors. Having a flyer made with her picture and contact information to share with them, as well as any nearby vet offices/rescue centers/shelters can go a long way in helping to locate your cat. Neighborhood kids are always a good source to ask for help as they are usually much more compassionate than adults about lost pets and also consider it a challenge to try to find them.

Continue searching for her as many times day/night as you can. If you have an idea what door/window she escaped through, place something with her and/or your smell on it in that area - a blanket that she has laid on or a piece of your worn but unwashed clothing. It wouldn't hurt to leave out some food and water too.

This article may have some additional ideas for you to try - the first half is about lost cats inside the home, but the latter half talks about those who are lost outside.
Help! My Cat Is Lost! [Step By Step Guidance To Find Your Beloved Kitty] - TheCatSite

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes, her laying low because she isn't feeling the best is just as good of a possibility as having gone away to die. Someone could have even taken her in - that is why it is important to keep searching for her and notifying others, and then reminding them repeatedly, that she is missing.

Is she microchipped? If not, anyone who could have taken her and then had her checked for a microchip would not have any way to know who she belongs to.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I am scared that she died somewhere. Is there a chance that she didn't go somewhere to die,but just to recover?
Yes, sick cats will look for somewhere quite to hide. Even sick house cats will hide themselves in closets or other small spaces if they don't feel well. Take a flashlight so you'll see her eyes shining in a dark place and have a really good look under cars and trucks, in barns, sheds and garages, in woodpiles, any tiny little space a cat could crawl into.

She won't have gone far. She's probably just a few minutes walk from your house.

Good luck, please let us know what happens.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi J jsjdjdjd and a very warm welcome to the forum! I'm just sorry that this is the reason bringing you here. ❤

As said, cats are well-known to hide when they don't feel well.

Now, it's also well known that, when a cat runs off, they often don't go very far, especially if they feel sickly. People who know cats' behaviour really well will advise to look extra carefully around the home and nearby.......because a sick cat's primary need will be to quickly hide.

Do keep us updated!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Look especially hard in slow, small, enclosed areas, including under thick bushes. I've got a candle lit for her.
00LitCandle.jpeg

jsjdjdjd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Omg guys. It's been 17 days since she disappeared. Il ooked for her about 200, 300 meters from the house, in fields, in old houses, several neighbors know that my cat is missing. she was not well before she disappeared. she literally disappeared because no one saw her then and I don't think she came home at all. somehow I'm starting to feel lazy, because I'm not sure where to look gor her, but I would like her to come back the most.

jsjdjdjd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
is it possible she was picked up by someone that took her to a shelter? Have you tried contacting those places or putting up a flyer?
I'll check, but I live in a village so I'm not sure about that. but I'm afraid someone took her from me, I can't stand my baby to be with someone else. How can I find out if someone took her?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
How can I find out if someone took her?
Did you put up any lost cat posters?

What I'd recommend is a poster with a good colour picture of her, a description and a large heading that says:

REWARD.

For any information leading to the recovery of lost cat.

You don't need to state how much the reward is on the poster. Make an e-mail address or Facebook ID just to use for the poster, so your regular e-mail doesn't get swamped with spam.

One of my cats was lost for 6 weeks and I'd just about given up on her, but someone saw my poster and let me know where they'd seen her. She'd been living under a barn just 10 minutes walk from my house.

Don't give up yet, she may surprise you.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry you've not found her yet and I do hope she's okay.

May I ask how old she is,was she spayed?What is her name and how long have you had her?

It's impossible to give you any answers really even if she is very old,very sick and even if she was in heat and ran off looking to mate or have a litter or who knows!???But my intention is to encourage you to not give up your search,remain hopeful and make every effort you possibly can to make people aware - as Norachan Norachan has suggested big colorful flyers so that people will recognize her if they do see a cat somewhere- plaster them everywhere- local grocery store,filling station,bank,laundromat and anyplace where people will see them ....

I'm praying her safe return - please keep us posted

jsjdjdjd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Currently I'm really depressed. She is my everything. I searched for her couple if times 200-500 meters around my house. Currently i just search around my yard, i look for her abd i call her. I'm scared because i can't imagine her dead. Oh my god. I don't think she was in heat and couple of days before she dissapeared I didn't let her go outside. it's been more than 20 days and she NEVER dissapeared for this long. Can you give me some tips(even crazy ones) how to find her? She is 9,10 years old. She is not spayed. It has been raining in our place for almost all of these 20 days, by the way.