Help And Commiseration Needed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
so right now I'm watching my husband on the nanny cam with him and they're having a grand ol time getting pettings. he's contemplating jumping up on my hubby's lap. but he is howling like he's angry or unhappy. but his actions are clearly happy. tail up, rubbing up against everything, jumping into the brush, wiggling like a baby puppy..

yesterday we'd get an occasional mournful meow like my other cats might do before coughing up a hairball.. but again he seemed bright eyed and bushy tailed? is it because he was on the streets presumably so young that he never really got a good vocabulary with humans but knows he needs a vocabulary with humans or do you think something else is happening? I have heard a couple normal meows from him. he is a super vocal kitty. He also has a fearsome growl that just seems to mean I feel like playing now. my maine coon does it too and her growl is actually far scarier but I'm not sure that's really normal from either of them lol. I get what it means though. he's eating drinking pooping and peeing normally at this point. maybe eating a bit more than a normal cat.. but he's huge. we've had a little runny pooh but it' smostly normal again now. so I'm gonna guess he's still healthy from the last vet visit three weeks ago..

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You've had an incredibly fast turnaround. Any progress on him integrating with others?
Well gonna give it a bit to solidify he really likes my hubby. I'm still getting some growls at first. I want him to feel easy with us both before introducing the others. Now he still will run to his cave if he hears us coming. The distance away is reducing (I love nanny cams lol) but he still does it. I'd like that to be more or less non existent too.but with this rate of progression I'm hoping next week. Then we will do all the recommended things lol. Another tipive heard is to put a spot of vanilla on the back of everyone s neck. That way everyone smells alike. I haven't researched if that's really safe or not yet but it sounds promising.

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
well the male cats are not what I'd call best buds yet but I do think they are cautiously all getting along. we've removed doors. dante has full access to the house (but is choosing not to use it) I don't think there is any danger of kitteh confrontation in a bad way f rom what I've seen so far. we're thinking about moving him to the master bedroom for a couple nights to get him used to the idea of places other than his room