Hello! New Cat Owner!

Freyr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, everyone!

I just joined today and recently adopted my first cat, a seven week old kitten who is currently unnamed. I've never personally owned a cat before, so I'll have a lot of questions!

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! There are great articles on cat care and many knowledgeable folks here. And we would love to see pictures!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and Little Nameless! You'll have to let us know when you have that name, and pictures are ALWAYS welcome.

Here's something to get you started:
First-time Cat Owner's Guide

We have all sorts of informative articles, just click on it in the banner, and browse away, and we're always here to answer any questions that you have.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
IMG_3290.GIF
Freyr, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3116.GIF
to you and your kitty.

Thank you for adopting her :clap:

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and post them under the appropriate forum headings and we'll be glad to help answer them.

Yes, do post photos of your kitty and do check out the many good reads in the Articles section.

See ya around :wink:

Topherius

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, everyone!

I just joined today and recently adopted my first cat, a seven week old kitten who is currently unnamed. I've never personally owned a cat before, so I'll have a lot of questions!
Welcome to the family! :wave3: There are lots of helpful people here who have dealt with all sorts of situations both easy and difficult so you came to the right place. It's an unspoken rule you have to post pics ;) lol We can't get enough :hyper:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Freyr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well, photographing this kitten seems to be easier said than done lol. How do you add pictures?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The easiest way for me is to click on the "Upload a File" button just under the response window. Another little window will pop up. Select "Choose a file." A third window, from your computer, will open to allow you to go to where ever you have them saved. Choose one click "Open." THEN, below the response box, a small version of the picture will appear with two choices, "Thumbnail" or "Full Size". Pick one of those, and it will pop up in the response box. Or, you can repeat the first steps several times for multiple pictures, and the TOP one below the box with allow you to add ALL of them in either size.

Freyr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! We're not sure if it's a male or female, but I'm leaning more towards male. Does anyone know how I'd know for certain? Our vet never mentioned it.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi welcome to lots of fun !! Look under the tail if there is quite a long gap between the anus and a slit it's possibly a boy . Girls have 1/2 inch no more usually

Freyr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! Well, to be honest, it looks to be about a half inch but it also looks like there are testicles...or at least a sack-like area with a little pink dot.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you can get a picture we can have a vote (easier said than done I know )

Freyr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay! tabbytom, from reading that wiki, my guess is that it's a boy. However, I'd like everyone's opinion.

Freyr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I thought that one might be a miss. I'll grab the oven mitts and try again.