Hello, I am a Galofie!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mike with your storywriting capabilities have you thought about writing a children's book about her? maybe with a spin on it's okay to be different?

If you want to submit an article to me about the story of her rescue/operation and recovery I would be happy to look it over and possibly put it on the website-

Just a thought-

jdpesz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I found this interesting: I understand that Galofies are very rare, but I would think that if they were in fact a distinct species, there would be some sort of reference to them on the web, wouldn't there? I searched several search engines, including the encyclopedia section of Dictionary.com, and the only result I found for "Galofie" was in Yahoo search, which linked me to your website, where you have some great pics of all your cats, including Sofie. Is there a reference source not listed on the web that might give us some more info? I'd like to read as much as I can.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mikeanderson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jdpesz

I found this interesting: I understand that Galofies are very rare, but I would think that if they were in fact a distinct species, there would be some sort of reference to them on the web, wouldn't there?
That's just how rare they are.

As you may know, there are many species of life that scientists have not yet discovered and catalogued. Galofies were only recently discovered, partly because they are so shy and prone to hiding, but also because of the remote location where they evolved.

In fact, the Galofagus Islands do not even appear on most maps. It's a small cluster of islands in the South Pacific, in the middle of thousands of islands just like it.

Apparently Galofies evolved the short, stubby tail in response to the large birds that live in the Islands, who hunt by plucking animals off the ground by their tails.

That also explains the strange bird-like squawk of the Galofies, which they use to confuse the birds.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sofie is a gorgeous Galofie, clearly with bags of character.

Whilst I share your feelings that anyone who could dump this beautiful girl must indeed have something missing themselves; the truth is that she is unique and was placed there deliberately so that she could be appreciated in your home. She knows now that she is truly loved

mikeanderson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

Mike with your storywriting capabilities have you thought about writing a children's book about her? maybe with a spin on it's okay to be different?

If you want to submit an article to me about the story of her rescue/operation and recovery I would be happy to look it over and possibly put it on the website-

Just a thought-
That's a great idea, let me cogitate on it and come up with some ideas. I never thought about writing children's literature, but for some reason I find the concept appealling for some reason.

It'd be a nice departure from my usual material -- legal writing, which is to literature what military marches are to music!

mikeanderson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea

Sofie is a gorgeous Galofie, clearly with bags of character.

Whilst I share your feelings that anyone who could dump this beautiful girl must indeed have something missing themselves; the truth is that she is unique and was placed there deliberately so that she could be appreciated in your home. She knows now that she is truly loved
Awe, that's so sweet! Yes, some things are meant to be, aren't they?

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Is Sofie a distant cousin to the Galapagos Island's giant tortoises?
Originally Posted by MikeAnderson

legal writing, which is to literature what military marches are to music!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Originally Posted by MikeAnderson

That's just how rare they are.

As you may know, there are many species of life that scientists have not yet discovered and catalogued. Galofies were only recently discovered, partly because they are so shy and prone to hiding, but also because of the remote location where they evolved.

In fact, the Galofagus Islands do not even appear on most maps. It's a small cluster of islands in the South Pacific, in the middle of thousands of islands just like it.

Apparently Galofies evolved the short, stubby tail in response to the large birds that live in the Islands, who hunt by plucking animals off the ground by their tails.

That also explains the strange bird-like squawk of the Galofies, which they use to confuse the birds.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sofie, what a story you have! And what a very fortunate galofie you are to have been in the right place at the right time to connect with your daddy. Even a dumb ol' human can tell how much you are loved, and what pleasure you give him. I hope we get to see lots more of your pictures and hear about you frequently.

mikeanderson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've posted some sound recordings of my Galofie, for the curious and the skeptics among you! The thread is HERE.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have seen Sofie's pics elsewhere! I remember that first pic and those wide eyes!

mikeanderson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

I have seen Sofie's pics elsewhere! I remember that first pic and those wide eyes!
She's on the RateMyKitten website. That's for cats, I know, but we couldn't find a site called RateMyGalofie.

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is truly beautiful and you have quite the knack for entertaining. I am still laughing as I type this!

Oh, and the sound clips? They drove Sophie Grace absolutely NUTS here.

mikeanderson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A tortie named Sophie -- how beautiful!