Hello all!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wnobles15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My neighbor has Frontline. Is that the same? We just spent the better part of the last hour trying to get as many fleas as we could see and catch off of them. Nearly drove Coco batty. I'm so afraid the stress we just put them through will kill them but I had to try. It was awful and I'm almost to the point of tears. We need to bomb the house again, but the bombs cost money that we just don't have right now and I don't think moving the kittens that much would be a good idea. The box that Coco chose was not one that I had provided and it may have been infested. It's outside now. Fleas are a very common problem in my area and it seems like we just can't get rid of them. I'm sorry. I know I'm rambling but I'm so worried now. After suffering a pregnancy loss this year, I really need to take care of something and if anything happens to these babies, I don't know what I'll do.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Frontline will work! But only on mama. Kittens are too young, but on her it will also kill many fleas on the babies. Bombing the house is not a good idea right now while the babies are so young. Treating your yard with something might help though. And if the fleas are that bad, consider a second application on mom in another couple of weeks. You can also pick up a can of flea spray for the house and spray floors and furniture.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've also seen stefanz recommend putting a flea collar (since you have one) in the vacuum cleaner bag to kill the fleas as you vacuum.

wnobles15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah. I won't put anything on the kittens right now. I've arranged to borrow a tube of Frontline from my neighbor tomorrow so that much will be done at least. I feel so guilty. I knew we had a few fleas but I never expected that they would get the kittens for some reason. I'd rather they attacked me. Should I bathe mama in flea shampoo before I treat her? Or would that affect the kittens too much?

wnobles15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank y'all so much for all the advice too. It means a lot to me to be able to ask and get answers from people who know so much more than me. Y'all are responding so quickly too. I just can't thank you enough.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, do not bathe momma cat first, just flea treat her. Do not put a flea collar on mom, those kittens crawl all over her and it is dangerous for them, not so good for mom either and not really effective.

Frontline is not doing a very good job lately, so another like advantage 11 would be better.

Last edited: