Hello all!

wnobles15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wanted to introduce myself and my mama cat. I'm Whit and this beautiful little girl:

is Coco!

I also have 3 male cats who stay outside, Ninja, Wally, and Paul.

I assume that Coco is a tortoise shell calico, but I don't know all of the terms for their coloring and patterns.

Anyways, CoCo is all set to make me a fur-granny as she mated with one of our male cats when she was outside. She is now an indoor cat. I'm almost as nervous for her as I was when I was pregnant with my own babe! This is her first pregnancy and my first to witness day in and day out. I've done a good bit of research on what to do to help her with her pregnancy and delivery, but I find there aren't very many resources available. I've done what my research has suggested, making birthing boxes available to her, even going so far as to sew her a nice little pillow. She's not having any of it. She doesn't like the boxes. She just wants to stick with me all day or lay in my bed. I'm afraid that's where she'll decide to have her kittens. Thank Heavens we have a mattress protector as everything else can be washed. We're looking at a delivery date of around or on the 20th of this month, based on a due date calculator I found online. Someone please offer me some comfort, support, words of wisdom, or advice on how to make her first delivery as smooth as possible without worrying myself or her to death!

Last edited by a moderator:

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She may have them on your bed.  It's happened before.  Most cats won't go into the nesting area until she is ready to give birth.  they want the nest to be clean and in the wild they don't want to get their scent all over it and attract predators.

There are plenty of articles at the top of this forum that you will find useful.  Here are a couple to get you started.

[article="31379"]Pregnant Cat What To Prepare For The Birth​[/article]  

[article="29720"]Pregnancy And Delivery In Cats​[/article]  

Welcome to TCS!  Keep using this thread for any questions you have.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wnobles15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
handsome kitty handsome kitty

Thank you! Coco is a very chill kitty unless she thinks you should be showing her some attention, in which case she becomes a pushy, obnoxious wench! Haha! I hope to watch her deliver without the need to intervene, but I very much appreciate the links to articles. I'm excited to welcome our new babies!

wnobles15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, and if it makes her feel better to deliver on my bed, so be it. As long as I'm not in it when it happens, I'll deal.

bellad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh wow all these kittens coming soon!
The info available on this site is fantastic and the brilliant ladies who answer questions at all hours of day and night on here are just amazing lifesavers! You will get all the help any of you will need on here.

My cat started pushing while laying next to me on the sofa, luckily I was able to get a couple of towels under her for mess limitation!!

wnobles15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Precious! Those are all some beautiful little mamas! I'm so glad I found this amazing resource! I hope my girl decides to use her boxes. Idk what I'll do if she goes into labor on me, especially if I'm supposed to "remain calm." Lol!

qtgonewild

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've made Nieve a few different bed options however so far she hasnt been interested in either of them. She has however been on my bed more these last few nights and still in the hallway. thats about it these last week. Does anyone know if as the pregnancy progresses it gets harder to feel the babies kick because of less room to move? It makes sense. But im such a worrier about this. 3 days ago, kicking lil patitas. last night not so much. again she is due around the 10th of august. 

wnobles15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I gave her 2 options. Only boxes I have. I haven't been able to feel the babies at all but hubby says he can.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MOD NOTE Just a reminder here. This thread was started by WNobels15 and is a thread about Coco. Anybody wishing to post pictures or talk about another pregnant cat should start their own thread. Thank you.

qtgonewild

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
sorry. im new. ill just continue to use this site to read for info. take care. and very best of luck with COCO!!

wnobles15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What do y'all feel when you say you feel the babies?

jjbutterfly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
depends some people mean that by lightly pressing the abdomen you can feel the small roundness of the kittens, others mean that they can actually feel the kicking and moving of the kittens, My cats kittens are very active right now so you can lay your hand on her belly and rest it there and you will feel kicks. She was laying between my legs the other day and I could feel kicks and movement on both sides of her belly  on my legs. I never tried the press and feel on the abdomen I have heard its a little risky and can result in injury to the kittens if done too hard.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

sorry. im new. ill just continue to use this site to read for info. take care. and very best of luck with COCO!!
It's easy to start your own thread.  At the bottom of this thread next to the post a reply option at the bottom of the last post is a Start a new Thread tab.  Just click there.

wnobles15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can feel like the shape of the kittens but I haven't felt movement yet.

Is veterinary assistance necessary during pregnancy? I've never taken a cat to the vet for it before and we're very low on funds at the moment. All of my animals have come via "rescue" as in I took them because otherwise they were going to the shelter.

jjbutterfly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Every situation is different, I know that for me, some days i have to sit there with my hand on her belly for a while before I feel them move and some days they are jumping around like she got into some sort of caffine. With mine being due around the 13th, and you exactly a week later, maybe give it a few more days and you may be able to feel more pronounced movements? Im not sure if you have been pregnant before or have had the feeling a pregnant belly of a human but it is very similar to that in regards to feeling movement in my opinion. 

in regards to the vet care, im sure someone more experienced in cat pregnancy could make you feel better about that, but based off the TONS of reading ive done on here.. that typically its not needed - again, every sitation is different and sometimes its better to be safe.