Have you ever left the dishes so long...

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

I don't have a dishwasher, so been there, done that.
Sure you have a dishwasher. It's YOU.
Same as it is here in my house.With 5 other people, you'd think ONE of them would do them once in a while.Nah, leave it for Mom......she'll do them.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4BadCats

a) actually eaten out of a cat bowl 'cos that was all that was left (I knew a guy who did this once)
b) bought paper plates to save washing up (same guy!)
I cant believe he ate out of the cat bowl!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It used to be like that around here when Jeremy's brother still lived with us.
It was his job to wash dishes.
After about the first month I lived here, I took over Jon's job because I couldn't stand it any longer.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi

We have a system around here. We lay the dishes over by the dishwasher. We pay no attention to any crumbs or such left on the plates or say, soup in bowls. Persi then comes and licks all of the plates and bowls clean which prepares them to just pop into the dishwasher. This system makes everybody happy.
That's what Jake (the dog) is for!

Originally Posted by 4BadCats

Lol @ this thread!!!! Sadly I am a little too OCD to leave anything out that is dirty - if it goes in the sink it has to get washed up straight away!!!

Extra points I reckon to anyone who has

a) actually eaten out of a cat bowl 'cos that was all that was left (I knew a guy who did this once)
b) bought paper plates to save washing up (same guy!)
I'm guilty of paperplates and plastic cups...

With 2 young boys, a messy husband and not being home much, it works out better to toss em

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm guilty of the paper plate thing this week
With colitis, the stomach flu, and thrush - the last darn thing i felt like doing was dishes- so everything we ate for the most part went on a paper plate. now that i'm feeling better i've gone back to making dinner and doing dishes- but when i was really sick to the point i had to go to the ER- no way i was doing dishes!
Paper plates are a life saver sometimes

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, nope!

I usually do my dishes everyday before I go to bed.

I do have a dishwasher so if I have greasy pots or more than my usual amount of dishes, I will put them into the dishwasher. Otherwise I just wash them in the sink.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, I had some friends at university who would though, a few times we did their dishes JUST so we wouldn't have to smell it (they would buy more plates etc rather than wash up and then had 2 weeks worth of dishes)

I am guilty of the paper plate thing though, sometimes it is just easier

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know...these dishes are all YOUR faults...I used to do them every night before I had a TCS life...Now, I am too addicted to you guys to even do the darn dishes

So there...I blame you

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah! We have a dishwasher and still we have been there and done that!
I keep the clean dishes in the dishwasher until its almost empty THEN reload it!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to repost here

I left my dishes Sat, Sun, Mon, till 3am GROSS my house smells now
We had hamhawk and beans Sat and the dishes where bad but I was busy

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For the past 6 weeks I've been working on a show so I'm home once a week. Thats the night I do laundry, dishes, and sweep the floors. For the past week I've been in rehearsal every night so yeah, I still have a sink full of coffee cups, water glasses and a few cereal bowls. They will be attacked tonight.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I refuse to say anything...

Years ago I would do the family dishes before bed but would wake up to a sinkload! Turns out Mom would get late night munchies but not clean up after herself. I rebelled. Still am rebelling. We use disposable plates.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Nate and I are the biggest slobs alive. I can't actually remember the last time I saw the kitchen counter in its entirety, there is always something waiting to be washed
This is why I keep a reserve of the less than great silverware and dishes in a handy spot... and what's worse... we do have a dishwasher!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

She lets her kids drink from a measuring cup if the cups are dirty!!
Hey, we drink out of measuring cups deliberately at my house! (My fiance and I are on Weight Watchers and we have to measure out 8 oz. of milk ... Why dirty two cups?
)

But no, we never have this problem. J's pretty anal retentive about the dishes (actually, about most cleaning issues) and washes the dishes as soon as he's done using them. I'd leave them -- at least until after dinner -- but I feel guilty when I see him do it ...

Former housemates, on the other hand, left dishes in the sink for soooo long that they had maggots in the sink. (Maybe it's not guilt that makes me clean the dishes right away. Maybe it's memories of maggots and other foul things that keeps me from giving in to my lazier impulses ...) Ohhh yeah. Good times.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you bring back memories of my roommates in college. one roommate would ALWAYS leave the dishes (of course always saying she'd wash them later). i always got stuck washing them because after a point they stink.
well, the last time she did it took the cake. she left town (permanently i found out later) and left a pan with rice and water in the sink!!!!! she ruined my pan. i could not get that nasty stench out of it.
the worst part was she didn't tell me, and i didn't find it until it started to smell up the apartment.

so i haven't lived like that since that last roommate.
we have a dishwasher now, but before that i washed dishes 1-2 times a day by hand. i can't take stinky dishes in the sink.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a neat freak, by ANY means, but dishes in the sink are one thing I don't like. Get this, though (sorry, ladies, but this will make you jealous) My DH enjoys doing dishes!

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We usually have to do the dishes right away so Reeses doesn't play in the sink with them, so not usually. It's just the two of us and we have enough stuff for 10 people anyway *lol*