Have you done the Atkins diet?

louse76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by caprice

...so I would recommend this and eating a balanced meal every 3-4 hours to maintain your insulin because Type 2 diabetes is a very high epidemic! I see a dietician and she taught me how to manage it and therefore, I have a much better lifestyle.
So am I at risk for diabetes or something if I eat basically no carbs or sugar for long amounts of time? Both of my parents (50's and 60's) have recently been diagnosed with diabetes and I wouldn't want to have to go through that too... What can put me at risk for having diabetes?

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Louse76

So am I at risk for diabetes or something if I eat basically no carbs or sugar for long amounts of time? Both of my parents (50's and 60's) have recently been diagnosed with diabetes and I wouldn't want to have to go through that too... What can put me at risk for having diabetes?
Basically, to avoid getting it you should have a diabetic diet. And, 30 minutes of continous exercise a day. That's what I was told. Eat healthy carbs, which are your whole grains, and limit your sugar/replace it with splenda. See a dietician for what your needs are.

gus's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Exercise is your friend! Atkins isn't really safe as you're losing water, fiber and a lot of vitamins and anti oxidants. It can also put stress on your kidneys and liver. Weight watchers is much better as it teaches you to make better food choices and eat smaller portions. If you're really stuck on Atkins, strive to drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water a day although 12-15 would be better since you're not getting it from fruit and veggies.

rescuekitty2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My entire family was going to try the Atkins diet, but I don't think we have the willpower

Anyway, I decided I was just going to try to eat better and exercise more. We have an entire home gym in our basement, with the same machines that places like Curves use for the 30 minute workouts (Hydraulic), as well as a treadmill and ski machine. But then I was talking to a friend who's sister was on "the patch". It's a weight loss patch. I am pretty skeptical about stuff like that, but she had lost 10 lbs in the first 2 weeks, so I thought, why not, I'll look into it. I really didn't think it would do much, because all that is in the brand I got is Kelp.. But I have had it on for the last 2 weeks, well not even that, and have lost 30 lbs!
Combined with eating right and exercise, which is what it states in the literature that comes with it, is what makes it work. I really still think a lot of it is mental, but, hey, whatever works! I've never lost 30 lbs at once before, nevermind this fast
So I am all for it!
Has anyone else used the patch? Well, I should rephrase that, Anyone used the weight loss patch?

rescuekitty2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's Over the Counter.
I think there are different ones with chemicals and stuff though. So be careful wehn looking for them. Mine is all natural, and only contains seaweed