Harry Potter Discussion Thread-Spoiler Alert!!!

pythagorus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've found where Dumbledore mentions Aberforth. It is in the 4th book in chapter 24 when Hagrid is upset because of Rita Skeeter's article, and they are discussing unfortunate relations.

luv those paws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Finished!

Yay! Jenn will be so happy, she really wants to read it.

What to say, first amazing. I loved the character development. I think the person I was most impresse with was Ginny, she is really coming into her own. I wouldn't mind seeing her wind up with Harry. The way she told him to stop being rude. I was like "Go Girl!".

The bits with the twins had me laughing. I love the Weasley's. They are a great bunch of characters.

Harry being angry all the time made sense to me, he is 15 first, and he has this connection to Voldemort. I mean who wouldn't be angry. It is good he is getting it out there. He seemed more expressive this time round. It's never good to bottle up your feelings.

The tone was certainly darker. I was so worried that Hermione was the one that was going to die, that all I felt when Sirius died was relief. I did feel bad for Harry though, Sirius was the only person he enjoyed having as family, and now he is gone. I think though, we may see or hear from Sirius again in one form or another. All things are possible in this wizarding world!

In total, I loved it.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After this series, Rowling said she plans on writing a novel for adults. Doesn't she realize that at least 1/2 the readers of this series are adults?

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had seen that comment in an interview with Rowling I read online. I can't honestly believe she'd kill him off, but I suppose she must be sick of everyone trying to outguess her.

If she does, there had better be some other extreme happiness to make up for it.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think that if she kills off Harry, she will lose about 80-90% of the audience who would have bought any other book by her.

But, here's my theory-Harry does "die" by going behind the Veil at some point in books 6 or 7, but he comes back, perhaps after talking with his parents or Sirius.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At this point, I wouldn't be suprised by anything she does - these books have many twists and turns.

sfell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think she will let Voldemort "survive." It would be a very tragic way to end the series if he did "survive." However, if Harry does die, which I really hope does not occur and if it does Deb is right that something very happy would have to make up for that, I think that's where Neville may come in to fulfill the prophecy to rid the world of Voldemort. But, let's not think about Harry not making it through the end - it just can't be.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finished the book around 2 days ago. I didn't like the ending, it didn't really have that much of a twist, I still like the other 4 better. It was still a good read though and I think Cho & Harry will get back together. Sirius will stay dead.

Another thing , What will happen to Grimmauld Place?

Is Voldemort gone for good?

How long is Albus going to last?

Will Grawp learn english?

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by WellingtonCats
Another thing , What will happen to Grimmauld Place?
I really hope Harry, or the Order, gets Grimmauld Place. Seeing as how Sirius' closest living relatives seem to be the Malfoy's (shudder), I hope Sirius left a will.

Is Voldemort gone for good?
I don't think Voldemort will be gone for good until the end of book 7. Even then, who's to say that the ultimate evil can truly die?

How long is Albus going to last?
Hopefully, until the end of the series. Too much has been made about his importance in protecting Harry, and Hogwarts.

Will Grawp learn english?
Maybe not entirely, but I think we'll definatley see Grawp again!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Christy!

I hope Sirus made a will and left Grimmauld Place to Harry! It would be such a good place for him to live.

Yeah, I suppose Voldemort will have to stay for a few more books, but how's she going to make him come out now?

Is there going to be 8 books or 7?

I sure hope Dumbledore will live on but near the end of the book , he keeps saying an old mans mistake, meaning he's getting a bit senile?

Will Percy ever love his family again?

Tears were sliding down my face when, Grawp goes, Hermy where's hagger. Mum though I was nuts. It was emotional

Thanks.Sam.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, even if Grimmaud Place gets left to Harry, unless Aunt Petunia wants to move there with him, he won't be safe there. Maybe after the series in ended; until then, I can see it staying the Order's Home Base.

I think Grawp may be what turns the tide for the Good Guys against the Giants. Perhaps he'll be able to convince them not to fight for Voldemort?

I think Percy will end up in a new breed of Deatheaters. I think Ron will have to face off against him before the series is over, and choose between blood that is evil and friendship that is good.

I think Sirius will stay dead. Perhaps Remus Lupin will try to be around more often for Harry, to try and be the father figure that Sirius couldn't be.

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by WellingtonCats
Hey Christy!

I hope Sirus made a will and left Grimmauld Place to Harry! It would be such a good place for him to live.
With Kreacher and Sirius' mom hanging on the wall? Lord knows I wouldn't want to stay there. But, it is the ideal place for the Order to stay, especially since Kreacher couldn't reveal where it was to the Malfoys. I hope Harry leaves it to the Order.

Yeah, I suppose Voldemort will have to stay for a few more books, but how's she going to make him come out now?.
Pretty easily, since he didn't get majorly hurt in the battle at the Ministry of Magic. I think the next book will be Voldemort and the Order in a battle for the minds of the wizarding world.

Is there going to be 8 books or 7?
From everything I've read (and I've been lurking on some HP forums) there are only going to be 7. However, I don't think JKR will find the wizarding world easy to give up...

I sure hope Dumbledore will live on but near the end of the book , he keeps saying an old mans mistake, meaning he's getting a bit senile?
Wizards live longer than humans. I don't think Dumbledore is going senile, I think he's just focusing on Harry and his state of mind rather than the wizarding world at large. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out Dumbledore and Harry are related in some way.

Will Percy ever love his family again?
Or will his family ever love him again? I was rather shocked by Percy's betrayal of all his family stood for, and if he's going to return to his family, he has a lot of explaining (and apologizing) to do.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was reading the back of the book and it said Harry I should of told you something I should of said 5 years ago and I thought he was gonna say they were related in some way.

Mrs. Black, How can they get rid of her? Can they use a curse on her? Or because she's dead and just a spirt thing is she there for good?

Kreacher is a bit naughty when he left the house, especially as House Elfs are only supposed to go when they are given clothing.

When will Harry join the order?

I was very angry at what Percy did to his family and when he sent his jersey back! I hope he comes crawling back to them!!

Sam.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I was saving "Phoenix" for my flight to the States in August, but made the mistake of "just reading the first chapter" Tuesday evening. Naturally I read the whole thing - was up till 1 a.m., and had to get up at 5! I wouldn't say it was my favorite of the books - I'm kind of partial to HP 3 - but I loved the character development. I hope we don't have to wait so long for the next installment.
I think Neville is a late developer - one of those nerdy kids in junior high school who turns into every mother's dream son-in-law. He reminds me of a guy I went to high school with - shy, awkward, dorky- looking, but smart. We went to college together, and he went through a real metamorphosis. All these girls would say, "You know W. pretty well. Does he have a steady girlfriend? Will you introduce me? He's so gorgeous/brainy/cool, etc." Harry, Ron and Hermione are all "outsiders", too, who do unbelievable things - that is their appeal. No wonder kids love the books.
I can't see Percy becoming a Death Eater - he's too uptight. Maybe he'll reconcile with his family and keep tabs on Fudge for the Order.
I love J.K. Rowling's use of names - naturally everyone gets peeved at Peeves, would like to snipe at Snape, takes umbrage at Umbridge, and finds Kreacher a disgusting creature.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, this is weird....the google ads at the bottom of this thread are BOTH for Harry Potter stuff at the moment!

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Does Google perhaps search the thread for topics/main words and post from that? I wonder...

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I think Google ads do. I've been to five different threads and the ads have matched the topic....

But back to Harry...Only you guys are the only people in the world that I know of that have finished the book. Everyone else I know in real life haven't. Thank god I can talk about it in here freely.

I think Grimmauld Place will be left in Harry who would most likely give it to the Order for use as HQ. Although Sirius may have already made that provision in his will.

I can't believe that there are only two books left!!!!!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok I finally finished it. To much going on to be able to read it straight through nonstop.

Out of all the books so far, I started out not liking this one, and then loved it at the end. I would love for Harry and Snape to come together in the final book and end the Dark Lord's life once and for all. I also love how JK got rid of Malfoy's gang at the end of the book- the idea of oozing slugs just seems to be perfect for these characters.

So will Harry inherit wonderful things now that his Godfather is dead? How can wizards die anyway? Aren't they supposed to be so strong and powerful and magical.

I read somewhere that JK Rowling now has more money than the queen! Good for her- she has awakened an interest that was sleeping in the children of the world for so long and that is reading-

Also wanted to add that I do not believe JK will write Harry out of the prophecy and make it Neville that destroys Voldemort. Just based on the name of her books Harry Potter and she knows (by now) the commercial value of his name, making him the hero, keeping him the hero secures her financial future entirely.