Happy Canada Day!

juniper

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by vespacat

Hey, I think Sneaky Dee's might be open. Wanna meet for a cold one?

I'm bummed that Loblaws, my one stop shopping centre, is closed.
Wow, there *is* something open?! You've made my day!
I just went across the street to the bank machine, and was able to cross without going to the lights - this is YONGE STREET, one block up from a major intersection, mind you! - without having to wait at all, there were NO cars - the street is deserted, it's so bizarre!

I hear you about Loblaws! They're the only place that sells my cat litter, and I always go there and buy a fresh bag on Fridays so that I can change the boxes - I forgot to plan ahead (duh, forgot it would be closed today) and now I can't get any until tomorrow, and my litterboxes are going to be gross until then, ewwwwwww.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope all of our Canadian friends and their furbabies have a great holiday!

Happy Canada Day!!!!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for all the good wishes, and a somewhat belated Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canadians. It's still Canada Day here (just). Now if you'd been in Vancouver, you wouldn't have had to moan about not being able to shop -- we had Sunday hours most places: noon to 6.

And Happy (upcoming) 4th to all our American buddies!!

winwin

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sammie, it was no bother at all.

Perhaps our giving them "what for" paved the way for their acceptance of the fact that people resent being under the thumb of "empire".

Leonard

daidreamer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well Canada day has passed us. Fireworks all finished. I was all pumped up to get to the fireworks, posters everywhere, Charlottetown PEI BIGGEST FIREWORKS SHOW IN CANADA 150th Celebration ya da ya da ya da.. Anyway,

Got to the site, my blanket, camera, hubby and son oh and a big bag of pop corn too. Then the first set of fireworks went off. LET ME TELL YOU...

This is all I have to say about the BIGGEST in CANANDA...

We got ripped off again dagnabbit..

Other then that it was a great day LOL