Hang on Ferdinand! (Lily warning awarness!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

batan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And.... Ferdinand is home!

He was discharged quite early and is doing well. He ate...quite a bit actually, and peed already which is not surprising being on fluids for 40 hours. He's acting normal, no signs of anything other then a little shaved area on his paw and on one side of his neck.
I will take him tomorrow to family vet for another blood test.

I asked the vet if some cats might be more resistant to lilies and she said that what IS possible is that sometimes they pass what they eat w/o absorbing it so it does not affect them as much.
In Ferdinand's case, we were a quick as we could be so that probably had something to do with it.

He's some pictures after we got home...much needed petting:

And a coupe of him just settling down on his chair...

you can see his IV shaved area...he actually took his bandage off on his own LOL

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yay your baby boy is home!

I love that last pic with his tongue sticking out

batan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, yesterday we took him to the his vet and got the blood/urine work done. That was the last thing to do with him being off fluids and at home for a day and a half.
I got the call back today at noon and... his bloodwork is CLEAN!

katteh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear he's doing okay, I have heard of a few cats who haven't been so lucky.
It's the pollen that is the highly poisonous bit I think? I've heard of a cat getting some pollen on him and licking it off and within a couple of hours he had died.
I'm not saying the rest of the plants are poisonous but I do know that the pollen is particularily deadly.

batan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ferdinand chewed on some leaves. And all the info I read does not categorize parts for lilies but states that every part is a dangerous.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Batan

Well, yesterday we took him to the his vet and got the blood/urine work done. That was the last thing to do with him being off fluids and at home for a day and a half.
I got the call back today at noon and... his bloodwork is CLEAN!
Ferdinand is one lucky little guy! I'm glad everything has worked out so well for all of you. Hugs to you and Ferdinand!

Pookie & the girls

lesliec

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I wish I would have seen the site that says what plants or toxic to cats it says babys breath and my cat ate it one time and it also says tomato stems and she loves playing with then so I took them away now tho she doesn't eat them I don't want to have to worry about it.

I am glad that he is doing and didn't get sick

batan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LeslieC

I wish I would have seen the site that says what plants or toxic to cats it says babys breath and my cat ate it one time and it also says tomato stems and she loves playing with then so I took them away now tho she doesn't eat them I don't want to have to worry about it.
So, your cat is ok after eating those?