Had to Rush Angel to the Vets

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry this is a little late. I kept forgetting to give a final update.

Angel went back to the Vet's for his follow up on Monday,27th.  All was good, & no crystals were found in his urine!! & his bladder wall looked better! 

Sense it was a bacteria infection as well, I am no longer going to take him out on the leach.

I was worried I'd have a hard time w/ him on this, but because he is still on the anti-spasmodic/anti-depressant pills, he's been fine. The Vet said I may want to refill them to continue helping w/ that. I'm not sure how I feel about that. We'll see how it goes. He hasn't been playing as much lately, even when I try to get him to, it doesn't last very long. (maybe 5 mins?) :/ His energy level is a little lower I think. He will usually play a little bit more than he does.

I also kept his carrier out in the living room to see if he would lay in it. I didn't want him to only associate it w/ bad stuff, like going to the vet, & those fluid treatments (w/ the top off, to help hold him). 

Well, he loves it so much, he spends most of his time in there.
 Not sure if it's because it's a new place to

hang out, or what, but I think he likes the coziness of it. I have it right next to the couch, so feels secure & "Tucked away."

"He took to it alright!" He's been sleeping in it every night! 

Here, I finally just took the door off :)

Last edited:

jrenee25

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Whew!  I almost had a panic attack when I "thought" you hadn't updated since the vet appointment.  Silly me I didn't go down far enough to see there was another page
 LOL.  I'm so glad he is doing better & no more giving fluids, thats great for both of you!  He's a doll and very lucky to have you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, Thanks! Yes, I was so glad to be done giving the fluids, & hope I never have to again!! 

Thank goodness I had my mom & a client that has sat for him before to help on those days.

I couldn't have done it w/o them!!

I also stopped giving him the anti- spasmodic/ anti-depressants this weekend, on Sunday & Monday, sense I would be home all day. He did fine. Tues. morning I only gave him a half of one (5mg), sense I was going back to work. None today. I think we are done w/ those! ( I will keep them on hand, in case we get a bad hurricane, & we have to go to my parents house, they will help keep him calm, but lets hope that doesn't happen!!)