Grr! People who drive too SLOW!!!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sofiecusion

I too hate drivers that go the speed limit or less in perfect conditions! I also hate how BOTH lanes of the freeway are backed up because the opposite lane drivers are gawking. HELLO! Just go!

There is a guy that is always right ahead of me when I go to work. I't the same guy EVERY morning, and he insists on driving exactly the speed limit. Its a country road! I have passed him a few times. I think "Oh no" every morning when I see him. He takes the exact same route as me 75% of the way!
See, this makes NO sense to me. There is a speed limit for a reason, and that is what is considered safe. Why get frustrated if someone in front of you drives the speed limit? If it's a country road, what are the chances of deer running out in front of you? That's the main thing that scares me with country roads (and I have had to slam on the breaks more than once going home). How about a cow? Have you ever come around a turn to find a cow standing in the middle of the road just looking at you? I have, and it's not a fun trip.

One thing people have to understand when it come to driving is, not everyone on the road is as familiar with it as you are. On country roads, some people (like me) are maybe not as familiar with them as you are, and are not sure what is around the next bend so they drive slower than normal. On a highway, some people (like me) may be visitors that are looking for the next exit, or are just plain scared sh*tless about how crazy and offensive some drivers can be.

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Girl! I have been LOL, reading your thread! I am the magnet for all of the
slow, old, young, pull out infront of you people in the world! I have decided
that I have such a terrible time with this because I'm always in a hurry!
God is trying to teach me patience, and I'm just not getting the picture!
I just love the ones that pull out infront of you only to turn at the next
road, which isn't but 10 ft. they couldn't wait!
It has gotten to be a joke between my son and I because he now see's
it too! I swear it doesn't matter, when, where, or why, if I'm on the road
you can better bet there will be one of them, I think they say, "Oh, there's
Monique" so let's see what a big fit she throws! I have never seen the likes
of so many people who won't use their horn! If I'm going 55 to 60 and some
one pulls out infront of me, and I have to slam on my brakes, well I lay on the horn, it has embarrassed so many of my friends!
Heck, if you don't know the rules of the road, get off of it! It's common courtesy, when someone is driving slow, which is fine, just pull to the side
and let the people behind you pass. If I'm driving slow, I don't like people,
to be tailing behind me, so I get over. Someone actually did the other day, and my son said, Mom they know how to drive! I waved a thank you to them!
I said, if I am a bad influence of anything in this world to my son it would
be my driving! I am a very good driver! But I'm with you on that getting
upset, people just think they are the only ones on the road! I do watch out
for the old and understand that whole thing but all the other a-------,
well, what happen to the rules, you don't make them up as you go people!

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carwashcats

Heck, if you don't know the rules of the road, get off of it! It's common courtesy, when someone is driving slow, which is fine, just pull to the side
and let the people behind you pass.
Are talking like on a two lane road or a multi lane road. Because if its a 2 lane road there is no law that says I have to pull over to the shoulder so someone can speed past me. And I have never seen anyone do that.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ClaireBear

It can be kind of annoying when someone is driving far less than the speed limit, but it is thier right to do so. It's perfectly legal to be going 35 in a 50 mph zone. Honking is rude, I would have slowed down even more if someone did that to me. I generally drive the speed limit, but it really bothers me when people who are driving at the speed limit or above are rude to drivers who are being safe or following the law.
actually its NOT perfectly legal to do 35 in a 50 or 55 zone. its called going slower then the rate of traffic, and can get you a ticket jsut as fast as speeding can.

I say if you cant stay with the flow of traffic, you need to stay off the roads. its not fair to the rest that have someone place to be, and can drive within or above the limits , IMHO.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liza24

actually its NOT perfectly legal to do 35 in a 50 or 55 zone. its called going slower then the rate of traffic, and can get you a ticket jsut as fast as speeding can.

I say if you cant stay with the flow of traffic, you need to stay off the roads. its not fair to the rest that have someone place to be, and can drive within or above the limits , IMHO.
You might want to check that or call your local PD (non emergency number) or better yet DMV. The posted speed limit is the fastest you can go. There is a limit in most place to how slow you can go with in that limit. And according to law 35 may be ok.

Actually thinking about we have a lot of tractors on our roads here. I have never seen one get pulled over for going way way below the speed limit.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

You might want to check that or call your local PD (non emergency number) or better yet DMV. The posted speed limit is the fastest you can go. There is a limit in most place to how slow you can go with in that limit. And according to law 35 may be ok.

Actually thinking about we have a lot of tractors on our roads here. I have never seen one get pulled over for going way way below the speed limit.
Im talkin in NY. And farm equipment/construction is exempt. I have seen it again and again, slow traffic is as much a hazard as fast, they both create angry drivers. And yes, i have a friend in the local trooper barracks, and they told me this.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

See, this makes NO sense to me. There is a speed limit for a reason, and that is what is considered safe. Why get frustrated if someone in front of you drives the speed limit? If it's a country road, what are the chances of deer running out in front of you? That's the main thing that scares me with country roads (and I have had to slam on the breaks more than once going home). How about a cow? Have you ever come around a turn to find a cow standing in the middle of the road just looking at you? I have, and it's not a fun trip.

One thing people have to understand when it come to driving is, not everyone on the road is as familiar with it as you are. On country roads, some people (like me) are maybe not as familiar with them as you are, and are not sure what is around the next bend so they drive slower than normal. On a highway, some people (like me) may be visitors that are looking for the next exit, or are just plain scared sh*tless about how crazy and offensive some drivers can be.
It's hard to believe he doesn't know the road since he's at least been driving it as long as I have. They are corn farms, no cows. I don't tailgate (people that do annoy me). For example: This morning I found myself behind him as usual. He was going 35 in a 45 on a sunny day (goind South, not in direct sunlight) in his BMW! He sped up to 45 near where he turns off (one road before I do). He holds up other cars too. I should have clarified that the speed limit is the fastest he'll go. I will go 5 mph over the speed limit because that is still considered in the safe zone.

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TNKittyMom

The quote you replied on by KitEKats4Eva was definitely worth bringing forward again. It lays everything out perfectly!

That incident about the child and the attempt at a joke is horrible! When are people going to learn that you don't joke around when you're behind the wheel of a car.
ok I'm thinking why in the world would a mother of a 2 yr old be sitting on the
curb of their street anyway! WHAT?????
I would think she would
be teaching to stay away from the curb and certainly not to sit on it with him!
Heck who knows what a 2 yr old might do anyway, he could of just as well
jumped out infront of a car and she couldn't have had much time to do anything about that!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry for her loss and it wasn't right but come on
think about it! and i think some of us a getting pretty upset about
a subject that i think was meant for the people who could relate to it, not for people to get mad!
It doesn't matter what we say or think things all happen for a reason, and
someone driving slow gets on some people's nerves, and some it doesn't
bother. so what, that will be still happening long after we're all gone!

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Are talking like on a two lane road or a multi lane road. Because if its a 2 lane road there is no law that says I have to pull over to the shoulder so someone can speed past me. And I have never seen anyone do that.
Most roads here are 2 lane with a wide shoulder, that is meant for people to move over on not totally just center the stripe of the main lane and the shoulder just enough for others to get pass, but even on a main hwy. here
it has 2 lanes and a shoulder, for each set of traffic, coming or going, it is
a law here on that hwy. your not allowed to drive in the left lane only to pass someone that is going slow, slower traffic is suppose to stay in the right lane. then after you pass someone your suppose to get back over in the right lane. People here will drive slow in both lanes , ride side by side and never look in their rearview mirrors! I don't like anyone to tailgate me so I don't have a problem getting over, let them go on, matter of fact I look in my rearview and can see if someone is approaching fast or not and I will get
over before they have to hit their brakes. It is very easy and smooth
that is the way your suppose to do! It's not a big deal!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess what it comes down to - and this is just my opinion - is whether or not you are selfish. If you are, you'll do what you like, whether it's driving to fast or too slowly, because you really don't care about safety or other people on the road or - and I don't know why this is the last consideration - what the actual LAW is.

If you are not a selfish driver, you will drive properly and as the law dictates (again, driving too slowly is included in this) and forget about being territorial and shaving five minutes off your journey time or getting in someone's face because they're not going fast enough for you or whatever other situations occur when people are in cars.

But again, that's just what I think

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

who said anything about speeding past you. if your going 45 on a 2 lane,
and the speed limit is 65 and i come up behind you , because i choose to want to do the speed limit and you don't , what would you do? I'm not impatient, nor in a hurry, the limit is 65, law or no law, i suppose from your
remark that you would just drive along at 45 with no consideration of
anyone around you. People don't have to be reckless or impatient because
they choose to do the speed limit. It may not be a written law, like I said
pure common courtesy. I am not saying to pull over totally especially
if there isn't a shoulder, I would be conscious of the one behind me, and when the next straightaway came on a 2 lane, I would slow down a bit more and wave them on, saying there is no one coming and I'm slowing down
more so you can pass me! Are you saying you wouldn't do any of that ?
If not than you are the type person this whole thread is talking about!
Like there might be a chip on your shoulder, and you actually enjoy
making people mad! No offense please, it is just your attitude in the quote
above that I sensed!
Just the other day I was on a country backroad, curves, hills, with quite a
bit of traffic (2 lane, no shoulder) I recieved a phone call, and I don't really
like to talk and drive, I also noticed in my rv mirror, a woman approaching
me and was doing the speed limit, well I know what it feels like to be behind
someone on the phone going slower than I would care to go and never acknowlodging my presence so I considered her and I slowed down and when it was possible to pull off on the side of the road I did, I didn't totally pull
all the way off and stop though, just about, she wouldn't go around me, she kept very close to my back side, and wouldn't pass. I started waving as if to tell her it's ok go ahead and go around, she still didn't! to me when someone acts like that, choosing to tailgate close, (when i did everything but get out and give her an invitation to go on) i kept waving...'go around" the rode was clear no one coming, that is someone that just wants to cause trouble, I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT, and needless to say I turned my body to the left looking back at her, then she finally went by me!
I swear, if I had an army tank.................. to me and it may just be me, but
she is a shi_ starter. I still can't get over that, middle aged woman. I can drive fast, and be in a hurry. But I pay attention, and have a lot of consideration for others. I expect the same! No attitude, just do what you got to do for life to go a little nicer! It may not be a law but where are your manners? If you choose to drive under the speed limit, then by gosh, be
aware of everyone around you , and get out of the way, not kill yourself
just do what you should do! I have had people going slow infront of me,
and when i go to pass, they freakin speed up! I really wonder how much
an army tank costs???? ha ha It's people with an attitude that seem to
get to me the most!

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am always aware of all vehicles around me always. Most times I drive what the posted speed limit is. Sometimes I do go 5 miles over the limit. No I do not pull over so people can go faster. Sorry but I don't. If they want to go well past the speed limit they can pass me like I do for slower driver.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tickytat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It seems we're not even on the road and the road rage is in full force!

(Wow, I didn't realize this thread would be so popular... I've created a monster!)

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TickyTat

It seems we're not even on the road and the road rage is in full force!

(Wow, I didn't realize this thread would be so popular... I've created a monster!)
Yeah, it's about like the thread I started in the health forum using the D word. Wow, that got some people hot. I'm now against the D word. That thread ended up getting closed because people were getting too fiesty. I won't bring up that subject anymore.