*grouch Face* More Poop Problems

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, she's got Miralax in her system, a litter box, plenty of room to "move around" (to help move things along) and enough water to feed 500 head of cattle for a year.
I'll stop stalking her now and let her relax and maybe with ignoring her she'll get something accomplished.
But...
My poor Queenie.:bawling2: She's not used to feeling badly. :(

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IBD cat does this. Once every 2 days or so. :(
I gave her another shot of Miralax, about a half dose since it's been little time (a few hours) since her last dose.
From what i remember, you feed your cats raw right? Raw is known to form very hard poops. Which is totally apporopriate but some cats are just prone to constipation. Have you considered a 1/2 can and 1/2 raw diet?

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if adding water with her meals wouldn't help?
She's never done this before. Just anal gland stuff, usually filling up then shooting them in my face. :lol:
When Mia first came in in June it was a blockage, when it passed she wasn't really pooping. I started with the MiraLAX / RestoraLAX two - three times a day 1/4. I also added water to the food as the vet said I should. (She eats wet 3 times a day with a small handful of dry at bedtime)

She did say too "Remember - just a little water - we're not making soup". I about died laughing but it's always helped me to remember how much water to add or not add.

God, what we won't do for these cats.
Yup. LMAO. :heartshape:

EDIT: Keep in mind RestoraLAX / MiraLAX can take 2 -3 days to fully go through the system.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From what i remember, you feed your cats raw right? Raw is known to form very hard poops. Which is totally apporopriate but some cats are just prone to constipation. Have you considered a 1/2 can and 1/2 raw diet?
We're talking about doing a boneless diet with alnutrin for her now, but if that doesn't work she will join IBD/asthma boy with a canned diet.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Mia first came in in June it was a blockage, when it passed she wasn't really pooping. I started with the MiraLAX / RestoraLAX two - three times a day 1/4. I also added water to the food as the vet said I should. (She eats wet 3 times a day with a small handful of dry at bedtime)

She did say too "Remember - just a little water - we're not making soup". I about died laughing but it's always helped me to remember how much water to add or not add.

Yup. LMAO. :heartshape:

EDIT: Keep in mind RestoraLAX / MiraLAX can take 2 -3 days to fully go through the system.
I am totally guilty of making "soup" for my cats. I have to remember not to overdo it and im sure i still do sometimes haha.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll make this girl a nasty ass slurry if that's what it takes :lol2:
She's resting in a bed I actually hand made for her. That makes me happier that at least, after 5 years, she appreciates my craftsmanship.
Everyone, cross your fingers and pray for poop!
:crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is what Mooch's "gravy" looks like:
IMG_5306.JPG

Sometimes I add a tad more water. I used to drain the juice from can food or use chunky food; but it got so it wasn't enough. This is a small corelle bowl. I should have put something for size reference. It's about 1 tablespoon of the gravy pouch and then I add the water. I don't measure it to tell you how much it is. We've tweaked this over time.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is what Mooch's "gravy" looks like:
View attachment 253012

Sometimes I add a tad more water. I used to drain the juice from can food or use chunky food; but it got so it wasn't enough. This is a small corelle bowl. I should have put something for size reference. It's about 1 tablespoon of the gravy pouch and then I add the water. I don't measure it to tell you how much it is. We've tweaked this over time.
Morning update:
I didn't see any poop anywhere but she's not walking around and straining every step, haven't seen her strain at all. No torpedo butt and she seems to be more comfortable but is worrying her behind a bit and isn't as active (she hasn't tried to trip me all morning.)
I'm going to give her a teaspoon or two of food with water/miralax and give her little food at a time today.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone,
If you're eating, please skip this post. It's not appetizing. :barfgreen::help:
Yesterday she got more miralax and canned food in water and was miserable being shut away from the others, so I left her out. I'm a softie now I think.
She spent most of the day sleeping and eating little bites of food laced with laxatives and water. She wouldn't eat much at a time. We tried on and off to get her to chase Mr. Laser Dot (something she usually excels in acrobatics) but she would only hunker down, and stare at it intensely but wouldn't chase. Later in the day (please don't ban me for being gross, but medical things are gross) I noticed she had a, uh...."black hole" in the middle of her anus making me think something was about to blow.
This morning I didn't see any diarrhea or weird asteroid (did you like my rather crappy pun?....there, I did it again! :lol2:) shapes in the litter box but the black hole dot thing is gone, and she's eating like a hog and dented the wall after chasing Mr. Laser.
I'm still watching her but she seems to be back to her old, Queen Bee self.
Thanks to everyone who gave us advice! :hellocomputer: And Queen Bee says thanks too. :purr:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
*Looks at chocolate chunk cookie*
*Keeps eating*
*Types one handed reply*
:lol:

I hope she passed everything now. Sometimes after incidents with Mooc I have to wipe her rear for a few days. I keep long beach towels over the couch cushions and her chair has a blanket on it anyway.

*It was a good cookie.*

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*Looks at chocolate chunk cookie*
*Keeps eating*
*Types one handed reply*
:lol:

I hope she passed everything now. Sometimes after incidents with Mooc I have to wipe her rear for a few days. I keep long beach towels over the couch cushions and her chair has a blanket on it anyway.

*It was a good cookie.*
Hey, I warned ya! :lol:
Even grosser is the day I cleaned up tapeworm segments, then sat down to a meal consisting of rice. That creates an iron stomach.

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey wait - I read nothing about seeing poop! Was there poop? Did you witness this poop in the litter? Any poop? Poop poop and more poop? I have poop questions you have poop answers! I will assume there was poop. ;-)

Glad she is looking and seemingly feeling better. :cheerleader: I hope she continues to do so.

YAY! POOP!

XO to Queen Bee - good job!! (and good job to you to daddy.)

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey wait - I read nothing about seeing poop! Was there poop? Did you witness this poop in the litter? Any poop? Poop poop and more poop? I have poop questions you have poop answers! I will assume there was poop. ;-)

Glad she is looking and seemingly feeling better. :cheerleader: I hope she continues to do so.

YAY! POOP!

XO to Queen Bee - good job!! (and good job to you to daddy.)
No definite poop sightings because I'm a jack hole that couldn't resist her "I'm so SAD by myself" cry/blinking that I let her free. =/
I know, I suck. Others told me so!
48 hours ago she was not eating, walking 2 steps and straining to poop and now she's rushing around the house, denting the walls and being a "B" to Baby Girl over, you know, oxygen.
She miralax in her, and with the IBD cat, it does take a few days to work but when it works it does.
I got an eye on her.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try cleaning roundworms that have been puked up in a mess of brightly colored kibbles and then sitting down to spaghetti dinner. :barfgreen: :paperbag:
Or maggots and asking "WHO WANTS CHINESE" and being pelted with random objects.
Or piles of horse crap being followed with "I wonder where those expensive chocolates come from."

(...dear God I'm so glad we're not alone in this.)

And my over attention to Queen Bee has made Baby Girl completely pissed off and she's only now giving me muted purrs and slight "whatever, you're an OK human I guess" cheek rubs.
Good God in Heaven, when did I become a complete sap for these lovable fur balls.

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No definite poop sightings because I'm a jack hole that couldn't resist her "I'm so SAD by myself" cry/blinking that I let her free. =/
I know, I suck. Others told me so!
48 hours ago she was not eating, walking 2 steps and straining to poop and now she's rushing around the house, denting the walls and being a "B" to Baby Girl over, you know, oxygen.
She miralax in her, and with the IBD cat, it does take a few days to work but when it works it does.
I got an eye on her.
LOL you don't suck - I was teasing. I know what it's like to wait for Poop and wait for poop and wait for poop and the poop seems to never come. *sigh* Endless poop waiting. Hours feel like days!

I am so glad she is feeling better!

Try cleaning roundworms that have been puked up in a mess of brightly colored kibbles and then sitting down to spaghetti dinner. :barfgreen: :paperbag:
Oh man! epps.

Or maggots and asking "WHO WANTS CHINESE" and being pelted with random objects.
Or piles of horse crap being followed with "I wonder where those expensive chocolates come from."
HAHAHAHAHAH!

(...dear God I'm so glad we're not alone in this.)
Definitely not alone. :-)

And my over attention to Queen Bee has made Baby Girl completely pissed off and she's only now giving me muted purrs and slight "whatever, you're an OK human I guess" cheek rubs.
:flail:

Good God in Heaven, when did I become a complete sap for these lovable fur balls.
They had you at "Meow"

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL you don't suck - I was teasing. I know what it's like to wait for Poop and wait for poop and wait for poop and the poop seems to never come. *sigh* Endless poop waiting. Hours feel like days!

I am so glad she is feeling better!

Oh man! epps.

HAHAHAHAHAH!

Definitely not alone. :-)

:flail:

They had you at "Meow"
:flail::flail:
:hyper:Thank you. The laughs make us both go :biggrin:!!!!