Grey's Anatomy Finale Tonight...

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not really going to miss George. I didn't really think that he melded into the group all that well and he didn't really have much of a storyline going on and was always over shadowed by everyone else.

I felt from the very beginning that he didn't have any sexual chemistry with any of the female cast, and whenever they paired him up with someone, it just seemed forced. From day one I thought they should make his character gay, but instead they made Callie gay

Years later it's announced that the actor is in fact gay: after that his lack of chemistry with the female characters made complete sense.

I still miss Burke too. I found his character quite interesting.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I still miss Burke too. I found his character quite interesting.
I miss Burke too. I loved his character and thought he should have stayed.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284

I miss Burke too. I loved his character and thought he should have stayed.
I think there was too much controversy surrounding his slurs against gay people for them to keep him in the cast. So long as he was tied to the show, it wasn't going to go away. Plus it must have been really difficult on the rest of the cast, especially TJ Knight, to be working in such a hostile environment.

Though now that the actor isn't going to be associated with the show anymore, maybe they can have Burke come back through guest appearances and see how both the cast and audience respond.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I DVR'ed it and didn't have a chance to watch it until tonight, so I didn't even read this thread until I had watched the whole thing.

What a juxtaposition of emotion at the end. Meredith and Derek getting "married" after all this time, Cristina actually being happy and willing to say "yes" to Owen, Alex and Izzie's happy realization that her memory is returning, and then BAM Izzie crashes and John Doe is George.

I had a feeling that there was going to be a big finale with Izzie. It's only been leading up to it all year.
And yes, her still standing on the elevator leaves it open to her being resuscitated next season. I was waiting for an ending with George like when Col. Blake died on M*A*S*H. I definitely wasn't expecting John Doe to be George, and I didn't make the connection between 007 and him until Meredith screamed.

Of course, it is a TV show so if you know anything about legal medical or military stuff or anything like that, you know that it's completely unrealistic.

They would not have just violated her DNR like that, no matter that Karev insisted or not; no matter that she was a resident there or not. And notice how her oncologist was no where to be found after the surgery? Also totally unrealistic. (And how many times can Cristina change her specialty anyway? Is it just dependent on the storyline of the season or what?
)

George would not have been deployed 24 hours after enlisting. First there's the ASVAP (vocational aptitude test) that everyone has to take no matter what, and the physical, and he would have to go through boot camp no matter how badly they need doctors over there. He would still have to learn all the basics of the Army. He may have been able to sign the paperwork that night, but he wouldn't be "deployed" even to boot camp that fast.

You can't take these shows too seriously or you won't enjoy them. Kinda like how MS is almost always a preliminary diagnosis or at least a possibility on House no matter what the symptoms. If I took that seriously, I would hate that show, but I watch it almost every week.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally watched it so I finally got to read this thread!!!!

I LOVED George. He was my favorite. I think he's a goner but Izzy will live. They can't kill BOTH of them! If they were both leaving then they should have just sent George to Iraq and had Izzy die. It's TOO much for both of them to die! I'm so sad. I get way to into this show.

Denny wasn't standing outside the elevator, because she said he wasn't the love of her life Alex was. And George is her best friend and he was dying too.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

Linda, if that's what I think it is as I read some articles online, I am SO mad! Why have a cliffhanger then basically tell us what happens!
It is! And I agree. Making a press release to say an actor has been let out of their contract early, kind of defeats the whole purpose of a cliff hanger.