Greatest British bands of all time?

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Venom
Oh, how could I forget that! If you click open the cat profile (next to my name) of Kuura, you can see Venom logo in the background of his picture..

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NorthernGlow

Oh, how could I forget that! If you click open the cat profile (next to my name) of Kuura, you can see Venom logo in the background of his picture..
I was going to be very very shocked anyone on here even knew about or liked them - but realized where you're from and that metal actually makes the top of the music charts over there.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
your poll makes it sound as if we don't really have music here, and these are the only bands to come from Britain. I wouldn't vote for any of those!

My vote would (if I am voting for a classic British act) go to The Kinks

creativgirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Couldn't possibly pick just one! I consider the Beatles and the Stones two members of the "Trinity" of Rock and Roll (the Doors being the third). I love the bands mentioned in the poll and the others that people have mentioned in their comments. Whatever you may think of the Sex Pistols and Judas Priest, you can't deny they set the tone for punk rock and heavy metal, respectively. And being a child of the 1990s, I love Oasis and the Verve.

Oh yes, can't forget Queen and David Bowie!