Granddaughter Needs Prayers

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I jsut saw that the surgery got moved up.... I am hoping and praying everything is going well!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A quick update about how Amber is doing after her surgery.

When she woke up in recovery yesterday, after a 2 hour surgery on her brain, everything looked upside down to her but soon it resolved. She can talk, eat & move all her limbs. Although her head hurts, she is taking pain control meds that help. Here is the amazing thing...if she remains stable...she will be discharged from the hospital later today & can slowly resume her normal lifestyle. She will always have a small hole about the size of a dime in her skull. A small part of her beautiful hair was shaved off but she has enough hair to cover the area. It will be some time before we know how successful this surgery was but by the grace of God...this will be the end of it.

Words cannot describe how much your healing thoughs & prayers helped us get though this this difficult time.
Just knowing that you were praying for Amber help me stay calm & able to offer positive support to my family.
You are my wonderful, caring TCS family.

Thank you,
Lei

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so pleased that it all went well and that she is recovering. Let us all hope it continues to be so and that she will soon be leading a normal life again.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
The poor girl must have been terrified to be seeing things upside down! I am glad to hear things went well!!!

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank goodness it is over and went so well. I will continue to pray for her complete recovery and thanks for letting us know. God bless..

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad she is through the surgery, and that we were able to help. Thank you for keeping us updated!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lei - I missed this thread. I would have been there adding my good wishes for your grand-daughter's surgery. I'm so glad to hear that the surgery went well. Sending lots of good wishes for her continued recovery and I hope that is out of hospital on schedule and able to gently get back to normal.

Keeping you all in my thoughts

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so glad to read the latest update on Amber! Mega hugs to her!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for asking. I do have an update. Amber became unstable her first night out of the hospital. She ran a fever, was dizzy & very scared. We were all worried about her. It was a very stressful time.
Yesterday afternoon...she made great healing strides. For the first time since her surgery, she ate & had a bath. She is cutting down on her pain meds...we think that will help a lot. She is practicing walking to regain her balance & strength. She said last night that she has no head pain for the first time in months. That is really good news. We will know in a couple weeks if the hole that was made so that fluid could drain from her brain will remain open. If it does...she should have no more problems with pressure on her brain. I will update as soon as I have new info.
Please continue to add her to your thoughts & prayers.
Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Lei

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I am glad to here things seem to be going well. That's great!