Granddaughter Needs Prayers

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Lei, I will be praying and thinking of you and your beautiful grandaughter Amber
. I hope everything goes smoothly and that you know we're all here for you. Keep us updated and let us know how everything goes.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm ages with your granddaughter... I pray that everything goes smoothly and that her recovery is just as good. Love and hugs all round for you and your family. Tell your granddaughter that there will be angels watching over her

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Prayers for a successful surgery and full recovery for Amber. This is as very stressful time, may it go quickly!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only just saw this, as I have been away. Good vibes and wishes coming from us here for a wholly successful result.

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just saw this thread....and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your grandaughter, Amber as she has this surgery. Please update us as soon as you can...and remember, we are here to help you through it!

crazybash

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

This is a photo of my sweet 23 year old Granddaughter. She loves TCS too. She requested that I post her photo & ask for your healing thoughts & prayers.

She has been diagnosed with Intermittent Normal Pressure Adult Hydrocephalus...swelling in the ventricles of her brain. The cause is unknown. She does not have a tumor. She was near graduation, from her university, when she began to have disabling headaches. She was treated for migranies. It did not help. She had to leave school. She came to my area & is being treated at a university teaching hospital.

Today, she had her final appointment with her neurosurgeon. He will open some holes in the ventricles of her brain, so that the excess fluid that is causing pressure can drain. This will be done through a hole in her skull. Cameras & all kinds of high tech equipment, that I can't explain, will be used. Because she is so young, it has been decided not to place a shunt. Their hope is that the holes will remain open & the excess pressure & pain will stop.

The surgery will be done as soon a the right team is in place...within one month. There are serious risks to this surgery but it is fairly straight forward. If everything goes will, she will be in intensive care a couple of days, then released.

This was very difficult to write. I am really stressed about this. My sweet Granddaughter is the light of my life. I was there when she was born...I adore her. She is a delightful person with a bright future, if her doctors can get this under control. She plans to finish school when this is resolved.

I wanted to give you some background today & I will update when it is time for her surgery or if there is a major change in plans but please, in the meantime...please pray for her.
Lei
My family and I will bepraying for her...Hope she gets throw this terrible ordeal....God Bless You!!!!!!!

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CrAzYbAsH

My family and I will bepraying for her...Hope she gets throw this terrible ordeal....God Bless You!!!!!!!
I will pray for her and for you as well. Hugs and best wishes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just talked to Amber. She is very scared right now.
She wants to get the surgery over with & get on with her recovery.
None of this seems real to me. I feel like I am in a twilight zone.
I just can't get my mind around what is going to happen to my beloved Granddaughter tomorrow morning.
I would give anything if I could make this all go away.

We are very grateful for your thoughts & prayers.
Lei

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had somehow missed this thread. I am so sorry about your granddaughter. I cannot imagine what you must be going through. You have my thoughts and prayers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Amber's surgery has been moved to an earlier time tomorrow.
It will be at 7:10AM / PDT.
Please pray for her.

Thanks from the bottom of my heart,
Lei

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking of Amber for this morning!
I am sending lots of healthy and speedy recovery thoughts and vibes.

Amber will be protected!

I'm also sending lots of
, thoughts and vibes to you and your family!

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending lots of good and positive vibes that Amber's surgery goes well and strength and calming vibes to you both.