Got my first Foster. Mom and 5 babies

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are you able to get a scale? That will answer the question within 24 hours as to whether the baby is getting enough or needs supplementing. We just don't know otherwise.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

milkshake

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are you able to get a scale? That will answer the question within 24 hours as to whether the baby is getting enough or needs supplementing. We just don't know otherwise.
when my husband gets home I plan on heading out to walmart to see if i can get one

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That would be terrific! We really want to support you in fostering cats. It's not always easy, but it is such a rewarding thing to do, especially when shelters are at capacity during kitten season. You'll get the hang of it quickly, and we're here to help! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

milkshake

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That would be terrific! We really want to support you in fostering cats. It's not always easy, but it is such a rewarding thing to do, especially when shelters are at capacity during kitten season. You'll get the hang of it quickly, and we're here to help! [emoji]128522[/emoji]
Thank you, I just want to do the right thing to make sure the baby is ok.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I know you do, and you already are! Once you get the weights tonight, we'll know more tomorrow when you weigh them all again.

milkshake

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok. I just went to check them and 2 different ones were out of the crate. You guys have suggested to get a new nest, one with sides. This is the way I have the crate right now. A blanket incase they scoot out.

I found 2 things I might be able to use. The rescue gave me a few litter boxes, would one of them be to small to use for them? Right now I am just storing the food they gave me in it.

Also they gave me a bigger bin. I am thinking the sides are to big for mom to get in and out of?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i would try the litter box! Even a cardboard box would do. The bin is definitely too high.

They do need something scoot-proof for now.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That looks cozy! If the blankets aren't piled too high, they will hopefully stay in for a few days. Mama just looks like such a happy cat!

Let us know the weights when you can. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

milkshake

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That looks cozy! If the blankets aren't piled too high, they will hopefully stay in for a few days. Mama just looks like such a happy cat!

Let us know the weights when you can. [emoji]128522[/emoji]
Walmart didn't have any when I went last night, but I ordered one to be delivered to the store and I should be able to pick up this morning. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That one looks great! You can put a plastic bowl on it to put the kitten in for weighing. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

milkshake

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That one looks great! You can put a plastic bowl on it to put the kitten in for weighing. [emoji]128522[/emoji]
They still haven't called me to let me know its in. Cant go there to check until the kids get out of school at this point.