Good vibes for Petals needed........

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know you feel terrible, but its been a learning experience for all of us. Also, these things happen no matter how hard we try - who would have thought? I'd been frankly more worried about the possiblity of germ build up in cracked ceramic.

I'm switching my bowls, and checking kitty chins, pronto. Sláine often has a dirty patch on her chin (though she goes love gardening), but I'm going to have a good look and give it a wash and make sure it's nothing more serious than mud.

Edited to add extra thoughts.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

they're probably ok, since you got them at a pet store. i usually buy people dishes, which i KNOW are ok - it's illegal to use lead-based paints on food serving items here in the states. now, my coffee set from turkey - i wouldn't actually serve coffee in it - it's just for show!
That's what I did too
. I figured good enough for people, should be good enough for my cat.

And any bowl that has chips or cracks shouldn't be used for people, either- I heard that when they were talking on TV about resturants! Ugh!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Petals was doing fine, and now I come home from the hospital after being with Jerry and I notice she has a shiny pimple looking type thing right under her nose, on the tip of her bottom lip!!!
With Jerry being in the hospital, I haven't been able to give her her meds........it took the two of us to hold her and give it to her and even then she's been spitting it out. Now she avoids us all together!!!! She has a follow up appt on Wednesday, but I'm gonna see if I can get her in tomorrow since I"m off from work anyways.....I just want my sweet girl to be all better!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no Susie, I'm so sorry to hear about Petals new breakout

I hope you can get her into the vet tomorrow to get it checked out!

Sending lots of good vibes your way

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just seeing this thread now, poor little Petals. I'm sending her many good healing vibes that she feels better soon and you can get her feline acne under control soon.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
do any of your other cats wash Petals? i noticed that Pixel's acne became worse after Mouse died, & has improved lately since Cable's been washing her more... even if you can't medicate her, maybe some human 'washing' would help?

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh Susie! I just saw this having been traveling all last week for work (ug) and a root canal the day I got home and then Sammy has had some serious food allergies and skin disorders because of it. Goodness Petals!!! Miss Personality definitely has a little rash! She's a strong girl and heavens, it's not your fault. Does she go outside? If so, are there milkweed, poision ivy, sumac, or anything like this? Cats can get the oils on their fur and transmit it to each other. Usually it's inconsequential, but the "cause" of the acme is bacteria, of course, and something can trigger it. You've been using the bowls for a long time, right?....just thinking....I"m sure your vet covered all the bases. SHe will do great! Sammy is on antibitoics and a hyperallergenic diet to get rid of anything that is causing his. ((((HUGS)))) She will bounce back!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks E.......she had her chin recheck last night and he says it looks great. She had one more develop in the last 10 days, but even that one looks better. He told me to use neosporin on it......
No, none of my babies go outside.......I don't think I could handle the stress of that!

Thanks for the concern my friend!

Originally Posted by sashacat421

oh Susie! I just saw this having been traveling all last week for work (ug) and a root canal the day I got home and then Sammy has had some serious food allergies and skin disorders because of it. Goodness Petals!!! Miss Personality definitely has a little rash! She's a strong girl and heavens, it's not your fault. Does she go outside? If so, are there milkweed, poision ivy, sumac, or anything like this? Cats can get the oils on their fur and transmit it to each other. Usually it's inconsequential, but the "cause" of the acme is bacteria, of course, and something can trigger it. You've been using the bowls for a long time, right?....just thinking....I"m sure your vet covered all the bases. SHe will do great! Sammy is on antibitoics and a hyperallergenic diet to get rid of anything that is causing his. ((((HUGS)))) She will bounce back!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Thanks E.......she had her chin recheck last night and he says it looks great. She had one more develop in the last 10 days, but even that one looks better. He told me to use neosporin on it......
No, none of my babies go outside.......I don't think I could handle the stress of that!

Thanks for the concern my friend!
Hey, this is very good news.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AN UPDATE ON PETALS:

Last month Petals was hospitalized with a very severe case of kitty acne. I changed her bowls from plastic to ceramic.......well, she healed from the first outbreak, but developed two more pimples.........she went back to the vet for an antibiotic shot. He told me to use Stridex pads to wipe her chin and neosporin..which I did. I also changed the ceramic to stainless steel, and cut out the wet food I was feeding them tiny portions of in the morning as a little treat. She would put her chin in the food as she was eating it, so I thought that the oils from that can't be good.........well, her chin is all healed now and a beautiful white again........................whew!!!!!!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Chester&Piper

I'm glad to hear you're all healed up Petals!!
Thanks Linda!! We're happy too!