Good vibes for Petals needed........

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

There have been some great suggestions here. Another one is to grab one of your fine china bowls for the kitties. If your house is like mine, you never use them much anyhow! I have also used coffee mugs for water bowls (since the cats drink my tea out of them when I have a mug of tea!)
Hi Becki!
Great idea.......I have a ton of china that I never use.......

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Susie, is she getting antibiotics, or do you have to use some sort of ointment? I'm asking out of pure curiosity. She looks so happy to be home!!!

misspremier007

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have just been reading your thread, and im sending petals some healing vibes. I also had no idea about plastic dishes, I think i will be changing them. The things you can learn on this forum are unbelievable. I hope Petals gets better soon, and I will be thinking about you both. x

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome back Petals! I'm glad she adjusted well to being back home..
All of mine seemed too after speuter or the time Rocky went in.. Don't be surprised though if she acts up next time at vet! Ever since Rocky got left overnight when he was sick he starts growling as soon as we walk in the door. No one ever believes me when I say he is really a sweetie at home.

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwww, Susie! I've been gone too long! Scanning threads today I saw this and thought, "Oh no, Petals!?" That was the most painful looking case of acne that I have ever seen. Sophie has it, but it never got that raw. Poor Petals! Poor you!
My girls have always eaten from ceramic bowls. Sophie's came from eating her canned food. I had to stop giving it to her, and it's clearing up on its own. Her's was mostly a black, oily bunch of stuff on her pretty white chin. I can't imagine having to go to the drastic measures that you did. It would have broken my heart, too!
Now, that said, I am sooo glad that she is home and doing better! And you silly meowmy, how could she hate you? You made her all better! Just look at the two of you!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renny

For those on a budget...try garage/yard sales for cheap dishes and bowls. I found tons for my rescue/fosters that way. Often they are good ceramic dishes with maybe a small chip in them....turns out the kitties really only notice the food in them!!
also, the cheap places, like Big Lots, Dollar General - you can usually find ceramic bowls & plates there. i prefer plates for wet food - easier for Cable & Java to share
i use little lipped ceramic saucers for dry, because i tend to fill the bowl. with a cereal bowl, i put too much dry food down
i got the little saucers at petco, but the salad plates Cable & Chip have are from Dollar General. match my decor colors, too! congrats again on a successful treatment for sweet Petals

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Have I mentioned, I'M SO GLAD SHE'S HOME!!!
A bit late again!
...But i´m happy too that My lovely Niece are in home again!!!

Dear Petals, now let to Mommie super spoil to you!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww Susie - I'm so glad Petals is back at home with her loving family
Her chin will heal in no time - can't you just tell that she's overjoyed to be back home
Get well soon little Petals

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea

Awww Susie - I'm so glad Petals is back at home with her loving family
Her chin will heal in no time - can't you just tell that she's overjoyed to be back home
Get well soon little Petals
Oh yes Beth, she is overjoyed to be home, that's for sure.....

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A warning to all using glass, china and ceramic dishes.

Make sure that they do not contain lead.
Over time....lead could be toxic to your kitties.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

A warning to all using glass, china and ceramic dishes.

Make sure that they do not contain lead.
Over time....lead could be toxic to your kitties.
OH GEESS! I bought ceramic bowls at Pet Smart! I'll have to go and check!!!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Petals is snuggling you to tell you: "its okay meowmie! I know you didn't know that I could get ouchies from my food bowl and I forgive you! See I am getting better already!!"

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

OH GEESS! I bought ceramic bowls at Pet Smart! I'll have to go and check!!!
Susie...
I am not sure how to be positive that dishes do not contain lead.
If you find a way....
please let us know.

My hope is that newer dishes do not but I am not sure about this...
I just know that some do and lead is toxic.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well,I was just washing the bowls this morning and there was a little tag on the bottom side......I'll have to go see what it says..............I'll let you know.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Oh Susie I missed that she had to stay in! I'm really sorry! I'm so glad she's ok now and home safe and sound.
After reading the beginning of this thread I got kind of worried so I went out last week and bought 2 stainless steel bowls to protect Sleeves and Nismo's precious little chins

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pombina

Oh Susie I missed that she had to stay in! I'm really sorry! I'm so glad she's ok now and home safe and sound.
After reading the beginning of this thread I got kind of worried so I went out last week and bought 2 stainless steel bowls to protect Sleeves and Nismo's precious little chins
Oh, thanks Lauren...........Petals is doing much better....she sure hates taking her antibitoics though!

How is your mom?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
they're probably ok, since you got them at a pet store. i usually buy people dishes, which i KNOW are ok - it's illegal to use lead-based paints on food serving items here in the states. now, my coffee set from turkey - i wouldn't actually serve coffee in it - it's just for show!