good new meowmy vibes!!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh MAJOR GOOD VIBES coming to you right now!!!!!!!! HART will make the right decision when they choose YOU to take home little Lily!!!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gosh, I don't know if the other applicants are coming to see her every day, but that would sure be BIG point in my book if I were deciding on her new home!! Good luck Beryl!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awwwwww, thanks for all the well wishes guys. I always say things happen for a reason, so if this doesn't work out I always know there will be another fur baby needing my love somewhere, so I'll just have to keep looking. (but i really am drawn to lilly, so i hope the choose me
)

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is gorgeous!!!!
A good friend of mine adopted a fuzzy all black male and a fuzzy all white male at the same time and they are stunning together, as will be Ebony and Lily!!! Sending lots of good kitty vibes here!

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok i am back with another update.

The first lady I met through HART just called me. I found out i have to go through two interviews. that was my first one. another lady will call me tomorrow most likely to do interview number 2.

I think i got brownie points though...I made sure to tell her that i would be home all of March 18 - 27th because I will be home for Spring Break and would be able to bond with her. Her ears definitely perked up when I said that! so yay.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great news Beryl - you're clearly in with a chance. You keep collecting those brownie points. I've still got my fingers crossed for you.

We had home inspections when we adopted our rescue kitties. We talked about how we would introduce them; how they would be looked after; how important they were to us etc. It must have worked because we got the kitties!!

Those good vibes are still coming

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, Lily is beautiful! I sure hope the adoption goes thru for you both. Good luck!

royalenchntrss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
she is gorgeous!!!! I wanted a pure white cat to go with shadow but finnegan was close enough and soooo cuddly. Good thoughts are coming your way!!! I hope you get her. I cant imagin having to go through all of that to adopt a kitty but I guess its a good thing to that they want a good home for them! Have you mentioned you visit her everyday??? lol Sitting here with fingers crossed for you and I hope you get word FAST after your interviews!

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is great news! You'll do fine with the interview, I'm sure of it. You were meant to have her! You have the same spring break as my University, and unfortunately mine doesn't coincide. We have early dismiss on the 24th and then come back to school on the 4th. It doesn't seem fair that others have it before we do, but I guess I'll have off when everyone else is going back on the Monday after Easter, plus maybe it will make it easier because besides memorial day, it's our only days off until the end of the school year....maybe.

Yes, I guess Student Teaching does require one crying session lol. How awful of them to give you a percentage! However, I did feel awful when my CT and supervisor told me I bombed it, and my CT more or less said the same thing the following day. My supervisor was a teacher but he talked to my CT and I for over an hour for an informal/ not required observation! For one thing, I never observed my CT teach science, or seen any science in her classroom for that matter. I will be teaching all day on Tuesday or Wednesday (I forget which) because my CT has to go and observe other teachers herself, so the principal will be coming in to take her place! Last week he talked to me about coming in and doing an observation sometime in May, but I never dreamt he would be doing a non-formal one so soon! He also told me that I'm too assertive or something? Oh well. But after all that criticism within 2 days, I was ready to quit! Well, at least I've seen math taught, but it will still be an observation with my first lesson of a subject. Grrr.

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lacey - just remember student teaching can be quite a whirlwind. it gets much easier once you have a classroom of your very own. good luck with science. I had never seen social studies taught before i had to do it, sounds like we were in the same boat. you're almost halfway there and doing great!!

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another update:

I got another call today. "Interview Number 2" It wasn't much of an interview. She said she thought from our talking in Petsmart and from talking to the other volunteer that I'd make a great mommy.

But then she said she didn't know if Lilly would be the right cat for us and started suggesting other cats instead. Later, she disclosed it was hard because there were two people (myself and someone else) that REALLY wanted Lilly so it was making their decision tough.

I told her that I really had my heart set on Lilly, I felt that her and Ebony would make a good match and let her know that if we were not chosen I may not want to look at other cats at the time being. There were none that I really saw on their website that really caught my eye right now.

She did mention one 8 month old guy "Frankie" that they just got who was not yet on their website. He's a gray tabby (she said gray stripped -- I am assuming he looks like a tabby). I told her I might come by and meet him, but I really wasn't sure because I did have my heart set on Lilly from the beginning.

Anyways, she is going back to talk to her volunteers again to try to make a decision. She said I should hear tonight or tomorrow. So it's lookin' 50/50. *sigh* I still hope we get her, but its not looking as promising.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good luck - but for what it's worth I think you said the right thing. If I was working for the adoption agency I'd be impressed that you weren't just settling for any cat that came along but were seriously thinking about how this new kitty would integrate into your home. And also, that you felt a real bond with Lilly.

THIS IS STILL POSITIVE - you're still in the race!!!

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea

Good luck - but for what it's worth I think you said the right thing. If I was working for the adoption agency I'd be impressed that you weren't just settling for any cat that came along but were seriously thinking about how this new kitty would integrate into your home. And also, that you felt a real bond with Lilly.

THIS IS STILL POSITIVE - you're still in the race!!!

Thanks Beth for all your support! I think it was a good thing that I came clean with them. I hate being so picky because there are so many kitties that need homes, but oh well what can I say, I am picky.

Who knows, if Lilly falls through and goes to another home, maybe I will visit this other kitten "Frankie" and fall in love with him. I'll just roll with the punches as they come.

At least I know they are not ignoring me.

luckyirish

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jalapeno

I hope Lily is meant for you, and then you can rename her "Ivory"... "Ebony" & "Ivory"!
I was thinking the same thing!!! Good luck with your new baby, Lily! Hope you are able to bring her home on spring break...that would be ideal!

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Oh how pretty she is! And you'd have Ying-Yang kitties!
I can already see the pictures of them snuggled up together....

Oh, I think I'm getting ahead of myself.
Sending lots of good vibes to you Beryl!

Ying-yang kitties!! Heidi that's so cool to say.....so Berry they'll bring so much peace and balance to your home. How what a wonderful thing! Keep us posted, she looks so very elegant, if you ask me.

and P.S. excuuuuuse me, but do they need a reference or what? We've got 8,000 of them right here referencing you. I, for one, can personally vouch for Sasha's Secret Santa!!!!!! What's their number?

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think they were fishing to see if you'd take the other kitten. I'm sure they made the same offer to the other potential adopter.

Plenty of vibes coming your way still until the lovely Lilly finds her way home to you, Brendan, and Ebony!