Good Lord, this poor kitty!! *With an updated picture!!!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kellye, I will, but after he leaves and I catch my breath! LOL I can't post new pics, I wore out my battery but let me see if I have one on the disc that I haven't shared yet.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here he is a few days ago enjoying his new bed

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great to meet Starlight's new mom and fur/feather family. We'll be looking for updates, Debi

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have followed this story from the very beginning and have cried
and laughed
as MA has shared her experiences regarding this SPECIAL
cat Starlight.

To everyone involved in this rescue, KUDOS to u all!!!

AND to Starlight's new mom, Debi- CONGRATULATIONS
on getting the honor of taking care of this SPECIAL
SPECIAL cat!!! Looking forward to hearing updates from you on Starlight!

otisbird

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pug is a persian mix rescue. She has oxolate crystals & has to have surgery about every 2 years to remove them. Vet says even though she's on a special diet they have to be removed so they don't rip up her blabber. The special food slows the process down. She also has Polysistic Kidney Diese. Can't spell? She was only suppose to live 6 months. She's LARGE. That tells me she's a mix. Most female persian are small. She's about 13 pounds. She talks ALL the time, in a siamse voice.
Have another persian & am trying to find her picture. She's a color I have never seen. She has orange cheeks?
Thanks for making me feel so welcome.

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

I just heard........
The Starlight Express
has just left home, and is bound for the West Coast where he will pick up Starlight and take him straight to his waiting mama's arms!! Hmm any bets on how long it will take the semi to get here?

HMMMMMMM... from VA to Oregeon?
I know from MD to Utah (home state) it would be 4 days so I'd guess approx a week give or take (depending on how many stops Uncle Fester has to make)...Meaning Uncle Fester left June 12th (Sat) and should be there around June 19th??

Let me know if my guess is right!

If u speak to Uncle Fester during the trip and he'll be passing Utah, tell him to "toot" his horn in his semi truck in honor of my home state!

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otisbird

Pug is a persian mix rescue. She has oxolate crystals & has to have surgery about every 2 years to remove them. Vet says even though she's on a special diet they have to be removed so they don't rip up her blabber. The special food slows the process down. She also has Polysistic Kidney Diese. Can't spell? She was only suppose to live 6 months. She's LARGE. That tells me she's a mix. Most female persian are small. She's about 13 pounds. She talks ALL the time, in a siamse voice.
Have another persian & am trying to find her picture. She's a color I have never seen. She has orange cheeks?
That is so sad.
Do you have to keep an eye open then to make sure that Pug is using the litter tray.

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otisbird

Debi! I'm sorry, I missed that part before I posted my guess about how long it'd take for Starlight to come home to you! Didn't mean to sound callous so I wanted to apologize for that.

WOW about Polysistic Kidney Disease and having to have frequent surgeries.
Give Pug some scritches for me..

uncle fester

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
"Don't know why I bought that" is a phrase I often use when my wife askes me something about a purchase. But like Rainman, I will walk around stores muttering "definitly need that, definetly need that, yea, yea, Judge Wapner comes on at 4" picking up this and that, convinced that if I don't need it right away, I soon will for something...
I recently bought a second soft/sided carrier when I already had two carriers, a hard-side and soft side aboard. I also carry two extra stainless steel food/water bowls when I already have 4 on board.

Then I get an e-mail from Hissy, breaking my heart with this poor kitty's plight and flattering me by saying she'd think I'd give it the prefect home.
Ohhh, unfair! Flattery, compliments and all topped off by a beautiful cat that would look so good curled up on my wife's lap, or mine!
Alas, when I brought Katcheenia (AKA Josiphine) home from the Virginia Beach S.P.C.A. where they're not known as a "no-kill" shelter, I got in mucho-hot water with the Mrs.
She thought we'd only be fostering her for a short time and if you want to go "Clinton" on the matter, cats don't live as long as say, sea-turtles...

So we would "sort-of" be fostering her until God takes her home...
It was hard, but I had to say "We can't" although I did promise to ask the wife, knowing that she would say no as well. She did.
You see, with 5 cats, one on the road with me, Kim had one cat too many and I felt sort of cheated.
I ended up taking Bari and Zoey along and we're loving life!
What to do?

As providence would have it, I was delivering to the very first place that I took Zoey so long ago in St. Louis and I was struck with a "Zen" moment.
I told Hissy that while I couldn't take Starlight for myself, I could transport him to virtually any point in the continental United States-no charge.
Look at the picture of Starlight and consider everything he's been subjected to.
Could you put him in a box and "ship" him as though he were "freight"?
Not I.
So yes, I will make my way out to Oregon with all the supplies I need and I will take Starlight to his new Mommy. Glad to be a part of this and even more flattered that I was asked to help.

For those of you who do not know, I have an isolation cage, plenty of food, treats and toys aboard along with a pretty good knowledge of how Persians need to be cared for as I have two of them at home.
Water isn't a problem since I buy bottled water due to concerns about local water supplies varying quality.
I'm in this truck 23hours a day, so the cats aren't left untended.

I might not get a load directly to California, but during the trip, I can post updates and pictures to let everyone know how our trip is going until that moment when Starlight meets his new Mommy.
Then my work is done.
I spoke to his new Mommy for two hours Saturday and I think that Starlight hit the jackpot in terms of who found him, who fostered him and who will give him a home.
Me? I'm just the driver who loves kitties and got the chance to do something that makes a difference.
But look at that face:
Can anyone tell me that saying goodbye to that scrunched up face will be easy?

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG! Kumbulu thank you! She just sent me a coffee mug with Starlight's name and photo on it! She ordered it through the new TCS store!

Thank you so much, I am publicly embarassing you by calling you out and thanking you. It came at such a good time. I just gave him a bath and he is so angry at me now. It made me sad, he sees me and his ears go flat and he glares at me.

Debi he hates baths, and I think part of it is because his back legs are still so sore- the vet couldn't find anything tangible wrong with them, just said he must have walked them almost clean off!

Tania, thank you again! I will cherish this !

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jimmy, we must have been posting over the top of each other-

Thank you for being the Starlight Express

You are a knight in shining road armour!

uncle fester

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awwwww, shucks! Why doesn't anyone at VBSPCA or VBAC think that way about me?

I'm gonna get there as quick as I'm able, I've run out of driving hours and I'm stuck here in Iowa, Waterloo, Iowa.
The pulse of this cultural epicenter in the midwest is underwhelming!
As soon as I get this next load off in Missouri, I'll see about turning west-AGAIN!
See you soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.