good cat safe memorial plants?

ollie4444

mother to many
Young Cat
Purraise
hi all!
a little while ago, my baby callie had some babies of her own- 6 to be exact. unfortunately, 3 of those passed within the first day or two.. the first was stillborn, the second fks and the third was a mix of (i assume, he passed before i could get him to a vet :frown:) pneumonia and fks.

to honor them, id love to bury them beneath a large pot of flowers or a plant. does anyone have any ideas? cat safe of course, and preferably not too difficult to take care of :) thanks!

p.s. while typing this, my buddy ozzy gave a few keyboard smashes to say :hellosmiley::redheartpump:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What better plant than a catmint? Get the kind that has pretty colored blooms at a nursery, they are prettier than the wild kind. i have them in my own garden, so they are hardy. I gave up on things that seem to die off. They don't need a whole lot of water and are easy to care for, though if you want them looking their best, cut them off to about two inches tall after they bloom and become leggy. They rebloom then and are really bushy.
I'm so sorry about your little ones. I know how hard it is to lose them. Please accept my condolences. RIP little angels......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ollie4444

mother to many
Young Cat
Purraise
What better plant than a catmint? Get the kind that has pretty colored blooms at a nursery, they are prettier than the wild kind. i have them in my own garden, so they are hardy. I gave up on things that seem to die off. They don't need a whole lot of water and are easy to care for, though if you want them looking their best, cut them off to about two inches tall after they bloom and become leggy. They rebloom then and are really bushy.
I'm so sorry about your little ones. I know how hard it is to lose them. Please accept my condolences. RIP little angels......
Thank you for your recommendation and for your condolences <3 I think I'm gonna go with catmint :)