Until I no longer wake in the night,
Reaching out to touch a sweet, warm
Weight, so very precious to me, but no
Longer there?

“Someday, one day
But.
Not.
Today."

Until Someday, One Day, my girl. A blink of the eye to you, but a long old road for me.

IMG_0021a.JPG

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Rest you gentle Hekitty, dream you deep. Your pawprints are not only on the heart of Mamanyt, who loved you deeply, but on the hearts of everyone on TCS who loves her.

I've heard so many stories about you that I feel as if I knew you myself. You were a special girl and you will never be forgotten. Be peaceful now, and watch over your guardian until she's ready to meet you again.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The wound is fresh right now, the sorrow an arrow to the soul. Some days you think that it will never get better, that this grief will be with you forever. But someday, one day, your soul will realize that she is still very much a part of you, that love just doesn't disappear, it is spiritual, so eternal. The essence that made up that precious girl will follow you forever, bringing sweet memories and comfort in the future. But that future can seem far away.
She would like nothing better than for you to go forward into the future and live it by opening your heart to more love and happiness, because that is exactly what you would want for her if you were the first to go, that is love......
The sorrow and grief you are going through right now will eventually turn to gratitude to having her share your life's journey, but you are overwhelmed right now by the sadness that takes over your very life. Do not let it mar the love you have for each other, do not let it win. Hang on to the legacy of love she left you and use it to strengthen even futher the bond of love between you two, let her send her love and comfort while you send your own.
Take care of yourself, know that she is at peace because she carries your love in her soul. My heart cries for what you are going through, please know I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.......RIP precious Hekitty. You will always be remembered, you will have secure places in loving hearts for eternity. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you all, so very much. I am...overwhelmed. BUT...I know she is in That Place Where All Things Are Known, and that her love for me, translated and purified into Love, still remains. That said, the loss of her physical presence is daunting. I'm better now that she is home again with me, in her little urn.

And some day, one day, I will welcome another soul into my home, to honor the love that she and I shared.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What the heck?! I'm devastated. I was reading the dinner thread & at first I didn't understand the part about no longer sharing the sour cream. Then it hit me like a stinkin brick. So unfair. RIP Dear One! I will never forget you. Hugs and comforting thoughts. Dang.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
! I'm devastated. I was reading the dinner thread & at first I didn't understand the part about no longer sharing the sour cream.
:yeah: Ditto, me too!

The loss of HeKitty has changed my outlook today but not my thoughts of how much love she brought into your life. :hearthrob: Just as you have lit a candle for so many of our cats who have gone to the Bridge, I will light a candle for you tonight.🕯 HeK reminded me so much of our Neely who has passed both in temperament and intelligence. I hope she finds Neely since I know they would get on well together. My most sincere and heartfelt sympathies go out to you.:hugs: RIP dear sweet angel. :angel:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This is now her spot. The small crystal, as well as another sun catcher will eventually hang in the window that lights this shelf in the mornings. The small box on the far right with her photo is the original urn I had ordered, and now holds her favorite stuffies. I'm looking for a little shadow box to hold the card with her pawprints, her collar, and maybe something else small. Getting there!

Attachments

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I find it bittersweet and enjoyable to collect little "things" for them. A little toy, maybe a photo I forgot about, etc. It's such a beautiful place for such a beautiful little soul, surrounded by books. It's perfect.
Despite our pain, while we wait, Hek (and our friends from before) are planning for our reunion some day. And what a day that will be!! It feels like a million years to us, but is just one blink of her beautiful eyes for her.
When we consider what we both KNOW to be true, we can't lose. We just can't lose. :hugs: