Giveaway! Win a FREE copy of "Makin' Biscuits"!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

Connor and Murphy like to hang out with me while I shower.  We have a clear shower curtain on the inside and a red on the outside and they sit in between the cushions and watch without getting wet.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ENTRY

This story involves all RB pets.  This was also back in the day when we had indoor/outdoor cats.  My Redman was the only cat that liked our dog, Bo.  The other cats would slap at Bo if he got near them, but not Redman.  They played chase and had a great time.  One day I was dog sitting for my brother's dachshund.  I let the dog out in the fence with Bo and soon they were playing happily together.  Redman decided to join the fun.  He got on top of the riding lawnmower seat and jumped down on the little dog's back.  Now he had done this type of thing to Bo countless times, but my brother's dog must have thought he was being attacked from above by some kind of furry red flying devil.  It was the funniest thing.  (The dog was scared, but uninjured in the incident.)    

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ENTRY:

Max loved Christmas, everything about it. When we added our second cat to the household, they played in the discarded wrapping paper and bows. They chased each other through it all, ran and pounced in They hid under it and attacked each other. They were having so much fun, I took one of the stick on bows and stuck it to the front of Max's face above his eyes. He then kept backing up trying to get away from what was on his face. We laughed until we hurt. They were so much fun that year.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

I just got a couple of new flashlights in the mail yesterday.  They're very small (just take one AA battery), very sturdy, it's possible to focus the light tightly or make it a bit wider and softer, and you can cycle between really bright, less bright, and blinking.

So last night I was fiddling with them, figuring out all the features, and Jasmine began showing interest.  I thought at first it was the light on the wall that fascinated her so, but no, it's the flashlights themselves, and it doesn't really matter whether they're off or on -- Jasmine wants to play with them.  She wants to wrestle with them, and kick-scratch at them, and she's looking as if she wants to start biting, which rather worries me -- these things are hard.  I don't want her breaking a tooth on one.

I've known for a long time that Jasmine considers everything to be a cat toy, but her newest "toy" is about to become off-limits for her. 
Poor baby.  I'm so mean to her. 

I feel I should mention; I've seen several stories in this thread that are obviously intended as entries, but without the word "Entry."  I suggest that everyone be careful about this.  You don't want some of your contest entries disqualified.

Margret

Last edited:

monkeymind

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
View media item 391934ENTRY

As kittens Blaise would try to nurse on Tabitha. She was only 9 days older than him and she was so tolerant of him that he made her throw up from his desperate attempt to get milk from his sister. Picture is of them as kittens, wish i had one of him "nursing".

babyhuffman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He's really too funny! I'm still chuckling over his exploits with his food. They really are too humorous. Good luck on your new feeding regimen. Hopefully he doesn't start lobbing the biscuit tins at you.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So funny!  I've got a couple flashlights like that, too -- they're Mini Maglites.  Trying to get parts for them is a challenge! But they're great flashlights.  My cats haven't played with them, though 

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
***ENTRY***

My beloved King Sunny loved to play bathtub football.  He had these little foam soccer balls, and when I'd throw one into the tub, he'd make a mad dash and jump in there, batting the ball back and forth, up and down.  Oh, did he love his football games!

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

For some reason, last night Jasmine was more interested in play than in supper, and just when I was getting ready for bed.  Once it dawned on her that I was not going to help her, she decided to entertain herself.  So here she was on the bed, with her tail lashing, trying to figure out what to pounce on, when she saw something out of the corner of her eye and leaped around to try to catch it.  It's the first time I've ever seen her chase her own tail.  I wish the camera had been close at hand.

Margret

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

I'm not sure Mickey ever had toys before living with us because he seems a bit hesitant to play.  Still, once he gets going, it's pretty funny.  I had him running in circles last night chasing the new wand I got.  And then he sat back and his head kinda wobbled - I think I made him dizzy.  But he was excited to get back to it.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Entry:

Recently went through a massive pile of old photographs and came across a cute picture of one of my rainbow bridge kitties, snowleopard, in the middle of one of her favourite games - pawing and carrying balloons around.  She only ever got to do it at Christmas when I used to use them as part of the decorations.  She was so gentle with them and never burst one even when carrying them around in her mouth.

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY
While watching TV, in my recliner, Buddy lays between my legs and goes to sleep.

If my wife gets out of her recliner....  As soon as her recliner hits the "chair" position, he is up and headed that way.  Lays down in her empty recliner.

When we return, I sit down, recline, and he is on his way back to between my legs.  That way she can have her recliner back.

He's saving her seat.  Not just once or twice though.  He does this once or twice every night.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
***ENTRY***

(Weird that it says I've already posted something when I haven't, and then when I try to post it again, it duplicates.  Sorry about that!  A WIN10 issue, perhaps, but IDK how to undo the dupe.)

Our sweet Mainey man, Sammi, was CEO here.  He was quite meticulous.  Here is a pic of him doing what he did best. 

View media item 392185

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Lovely photo of your CEO!

The double posting is a site problem - I have the same thing happen with a Mac.  Usually after your initial post, a "New Post" message will pop up at the bottom of the screen. Check it to confirm that it's your post and then delete the draft.  This issue pops up periodically.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY 

One day as I was busy in the dining room my female  cat Cucumella came up to me miauling and then running away. She kept doing this several times to my surprise because she had never done that before. When I finally decided to follow her I ended up in the bathroom and discovered that my 95 years old husband who had taken a bath could not get out of the bath by himself. He was surprised that I had taken so long to come to his aid "since Cucumella had gone to fetch me so many times"  I had heard about dogs behaving in similar situations but I would have never expected that from a cat!!!  She is 14 years old and came to us 5 years ago. 

I had already posted this but without the word ENTRY

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The double posting is a site problem - I have the same thing happen with a Mac.  Usually after your initial post, a "New Post" message will pop up at the bottom of the screen. Check it to confirm that it's your post and then delete the draft.  This issue pops up periodically.
@Tarasgirl06, it happens to me, too, occasionally.  Don't just delete the draft, after that you have to hit the "Cancel" button before you can quote or reply to other messages.

ENTRY

Back when I had Sweet Thing I also had Windows 3 on a desktop computer (yes, that long ago!).  Sweet Thing was always welcome in the computer room; she liked to lie on top of the "tower," where it was warm and right next to the monitor, so she felt like she was in my line of sight.  But one day, she decided to walk across the keyboard to get to the tower, and in the process she managed to press <CTL><ALT><DEL>, which, in Windows 3, rebooted the computer without first asking whether you wanted to save things.

Poor Sweet Thing never did understand why she was banned from the computer room after that.

Margret

Last edited:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

One of them always has to keep my company while I'm working.  Yesterday, Connor was sleeping on the corner of the bed right behind me.  An hour or so later, I glance over and suddenly Murphy is there.  Exact same spot and position as Connor.  I guess they take me in shifts.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
ENTRY

My rainbow cat, Lucy, was one of four cats and my daughter's favorite.  There reached a point where two things happened:  1.  It was difficult for me to care for four cats and 2.  My daughter moved away, got married and she and her husband wanted Lucy to come live with them.  Come Christmas, I flew across the country with Lucy under my seat, after which Lucy had a new home and new humans.  I missed her terribly but knew it was for the best, especially when I heard how happy she was.  Two years later, my daughter and son-in-law moved much closer so I paid them a day visit.   Lucy pretty much ignored me for about 30 minutes.  Then, as I was sitting on the couch, I noticed she was sitting on the floor nearby staring at me.  Suddenly she took a flying leap into my lap and began head butting me and purring.   She stayed with me the rest of the visit, being as sweet and affectionate as could be. It tore at my heart to leave her behind but she really did have a better life where she was, being doted on and given regular treats and long playtimes.  She was a pretty old girl by that time and I never did get to see her again, but I've always felt lucky that we had that one day together.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is my ENTRY

and one habit/demeanor of Speedy is her very PATIENT, QUIET nature!  And she is SIAMESE.  I can trim her claws,
brush her teeth,
give her medicine and she does not protest.  She doesn't seem thrilled, but she doesn't protest.  Sometimes I am on the computer and look down and Speedy is sitting with one paw in the air looking up at me, not making a sound.  How long and patiently would she sit there?  When she brings a toy, she drops it and will look at me in silence.  The only time I really hear her is when I am getting ready for work, and she is downstairs wresting/pursuing one of her toys and she gives out a quite wild sound as if it were real prey.  Almost like a rolling, low meow.  I love her.