Getting 2 more cats .

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,got Misha and Callie ,now getting 2 black tom kittens to go with them ,they are from the same litter and are very hard to tell apart ,the guy at the rehoming center said one is a bit fluffier than the one, i can't see it ,they both have faint copper coloured  markings  in with the black .

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very excited to hear that Misha and Callie will soon have two new brothers! And so nice that the siblings will get to stay together.
Please post photos when you can [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,must be mad to get 2 more of the little sods ,they will have to spend a few days in my bedroom ,Callie sleeps in her bed on the floor ,i closed my door last night and put her bed outside so she can get used to sleeping there ,Misha has no fixed place to sleep most of the time on my chair in the living room,They might have to stay in my bedroom for 2 weeks to be on the safe side ,during that time i will close the front door while the other 2 are out side and let the new ones out for a few minutes at a time .

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like a good plan. And great idea to start getting Callie used to sleeping in a different place.
When do the little ones come home? I'm so excited to hear what Callie and Misha think of their new brothers!

You are doing a wonderful thing in taking these two little ones in [emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,picking them up on Tuesday ,don't know Misha and Callie will take to them ,they are still getting use to one another.

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please keep us posted on how things go! I would think with careful introductions that they will accept kittens easier than they would an adult. The kids can play with each other which will reduce the amount the adults are bothered by them and both Callie and Misha will likely "mother" them to a degree. Here's a good article on cat introductions:

http://www.thecatsite.com/a/how-to-successfully-introduce-cats-the-ultimate-guide

tobilei

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was just reading your other thread to my husband! I have a male and female kitty and I find he annoys her a lot. He's the older of the 2 but always wants to lick her and play and rough house and she's just not interested (she's a bit of a princess of course). That being said, before her he did have a brother and they used to fight (don't panic! my boy can be a jerk), but I have wondered if he'd do better with one more male in the house.............

Good luck with the intro's and yes, we definitely need pics!

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two cats 8 and 6, female and male. They never learned to get along, so I gave up and rotate them, house, garage, back bedroom.

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,thanks for the replies ,it is not that one of the cats is always picking on the other ,they take it in turns and it is not all the time .

I will post pics of the new cats asap .

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,picked up the new cats ,didn't like the name onr of them had so i named him Jet his brother is called Sooty ,Jet is slighty bigger  than his brother and less timid .

Haven't had a very positive reaction from my family ,they all think i am mad ,started calling me the mad cat man .

But having a cat makes me happy ,so having 4 will make me 4 times as happy

I care for my twin brother who has a learning disability ,which has resulted in me having depression ,i think the cats have helped ,

Anyway how many cats  is too many ?.

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think there is a set amount of cats that makes up "too many". If you have the room and the ability to financially support four, then why not have four??
I wouldn't listen too much to the opinion of others. If having furry ones running around makes you happy, that is all that matters. I know that my cat has helped enormously with depression and anxiety. If I had the room, I would adopt more, for sure [emoji]10084[/emoji]️
You give a lot of yourself in caring for your brother. I think it's important to do whatever it is that brings some happiness and joy.

tobilei

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree! Do what makes you happy and if you can afford them, why not? If I could afford more I would totally have more (but I lucked out with 2 with health issues so they're priority for the moment at least). My parents weren't real happy about the idea of us getting a second, but ultimately it's our life and we're responsible pet owners for them both so we went ahead and made ourselves happy :) Looking forward to the pics and fingers crossed for an easy integration :)

whatsonemore

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Hi ,picked up the new cats ,didn't like the name onr of them had so i named him Jet his brother is called Sooty ,Jet is slighty bigger  than his brother and less timid .

Haven't had a very positive reaction from my family ,they all think i am mad ,started calling me the mad cat man .

But having a cat makes me happy ,so having 4 will make me 4 times as happy

I care for my twin brother who has a learning disability ,which has resulted in me having depression ,i think the cats have helped ,

Anyway how many cats  is too many ?.
Congrats on the new cats, Davidc59!  Don't listen to the non-animal lovers of the world that don't understand how wonderful cats can be and how much happiness they can bring. 

Personally, I have six, though one is currently MIA, but am going to take in my 7th on Friday, if he's not claimed by anyone, and I can tell you that the more you have, the merrier it is.  Or it has been in my case.  I think a good reason mine all get along so well is that I am home with them all day and give them lots of attention and they have plenty of room to do their own thing without being in each others faces all the time.  Mine are inside/outside with their own door to come and go as they please and all are spayed and neutered of various ages with four males and two females.  The last three intakes, three kittens (1 year old now) get along with everybody, all the time, but the older cats are a little more stand offish at times.  Since I take in all the cats and dogs that are dumped near my house, and/or need a home, that's my one rule....that everyone get along.  Overall, everybody does and any trouble is usually, at worst, just a hateful hiss and walk off by the offended party.

As long as you can afford them and have the time and room, there are plenty of cats out there that need good homes.  Just be warned though, that the more cats/animals you have, the greater chances you have of some sort of an issue of some sort arising.  I currently have one missing after never having that issue before in over six years and suddenly in the past week, I've had two cats get sick on the carpet.  They are fine, it just happens, especially when you have young ones that eat bugs, but it does happen sometimes, which is probably the worst part of having so many, but in no way a deal breaker for me.

Enjoy your new kitties and never having a dull moment again.  :) 

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,thanks for the kind words my niece who is a dog lover (2dogs and a cat) saw the new ones today and fell in love with them ,she said she will take care of them when we go away in our caravan .

I will post some photos when i get time .

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think the ,well i know the old cats know that there are some more cats ,Misha gives a hiss or two when he passes the door or the room they are in .

And Callie came face to face with one of the new ones when i opened the door ,she hissed at them .

But early days yet.

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Here they are ,Jet is on the right ,Sooty on the left

Jet ,he is bigger and has a more fluffy coat                                                                                                    Sooty ,he is still a bit shy                                                                                                 

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Jet and Sooty are both so adorable!! Thank you for taking them in and giving them a wonderful, loving forever home [emoji]10084[/emoji]️ How are Misha and Callie doing with their new little brothers?