Getting 2 more cats .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,only got one female ,Misha is a tom ,Callie is the female .Took the kittens out on the harness took some photos .Misha came up to the kitten for a good sniff no hissing and only a couple of swipes with his paw.

Bit of a pain having to keep them in for another 4 weeks or so .

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great updates and great to get them used to the harness while they are young. I think it sounds like things are going well. Just continue doing what you are doing with gradually exposing Soot and Jet to Misha and Callie and feeding meals together. I'd love to see the kittens out on their harnesses!

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,i will post photos soon ,feeding time earlier ,this time it was Callie being a pain she would not stay in the kitchen to eat .Misha and Jet were sitting together a few inches apart ,no problems .

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,thanks for the nice comments ,Misha or Callie left a dead mouse indoors earlier .The front door is open so Misha and Callie can go outside ,the kittens are in my brothers bedroom their new game is to try and get out through the bedroom door before i can get in and shut the door behind me .If they get past me they head straight for Misha and Callie's food bowls.

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,i think the kittens have a death wish ,when they have finished their food they try and share Misha and Callies ,and last night Misha was on my lap his tail was hanging down and one of the kittens started playing with it lol.

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,had the little bas,, kittens 6 weeks now started to let them out by themselves .Misha is ok with them most of the time ,i have seen him play fighting and grooming them a few times .

I think Callie is one of those that doesn't like other cats .On the whole she ignores them ,she hisses if they get too close .

She and Misha are still not getting along too well ,going to take Misha to the vet tomorrow ,there seems to be a wound on his rear right leg ,he growls and hisses if i try to have a good look at it .

Last edited:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi ,had the little bas,, kittens 6 weeks now started to let them out by themselves .Misha is ok with them most of the time ,i have seen him play fighting and grooming them a few times .
I think Callie is one of those that doesn't like other cats .On the whole she ignores them ,she hisses if they get too close .
She and Misha are still not getting along too well ,going to take Misha to the vet tomorrow ,there seems to be a wound on his rear right leg ,he growls and hisses if i try to have a good look at it .
They look rather young to be out alone. How old are they now? Usually 9 months is the recommended age. Are they neutered and vaccinated?

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,yes they are both N and V ,don't really know how old .On the forms i got from the RSPCA they are from 3 to 6 months old ,so they are any where from 4 to 8 months ,they don't go far and i try to keep an eye on them .

They both come running when i shake the dry food container .

I was in the toilet earlier TCB when Jet walked in ,his tail was raised and he seemed to be trying to spray ,hope he doesn't start for real .

Anyone got any suggestions how i can get Misha and Callie to get along ?.A few times they have been sleeping in the beds i have on the sofa next to one another ,took some photos ,i will post them when i get a moment .

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Took Misha to the vet today ,he had another cat bite wound on his hind right leg ,the vet said it was a bit close to the knee .She gave him a antibiotics shot .

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh poor Misha! So glad you got him to the vet so he can get better quickly. I'm glad that he is getting along well with Jet and Soot. As for Callie, some cats just don't love being around other cats but they will likely sort out a system that works for them. Have you tried Feliway to try to calm her down?

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,yes there is one plug in running in the hall .Can't see any effect on the cats ,the vet said there is a new one Feliway on the market

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi ,yes there is one plug in running in the hall .Can't see any effect on the cats ,the vet said there is a new one Feliway on the market
I'm wondering if the Feliway Friends in that link is the one your vet was talking about? I've never seen that before but the description talks about helping cats to get along...

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks ,i tried the Amazon link ,didn't like the look of it ,i will look on my saved Amazon web page.