Geoffrey Small Cell Lymphoma

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for thinking of us, and asking......
I guess it is time for a Geoffrey Update.
He is doing good. ---shush-- fingers crossed :crossfingers:

At the moment, he is sleeping under my new top sheet. I changed the sheets this morning, and he could not wait until I completed it.
Geoffrey is now weaned from all the extra meds due to the pancreatitis. I tried cutting back more on the mirataz dose; but found that it is too much of a decrease. His appetite really drops when I give 1/4 dose EOD.

He still periodically vomits-- about once a week now; due to him losing his winter coat. He loves to be brushed. Actually, he feels hurt when I have to leave the house, early, without brushing him.
I am now giving him a bit of daily miralax for his stools. I find it helps. It seems that if he does not have a daily BM, then his stools get hard, small, and he will vomit.. Kind of like a back-up. Laxatone is also occasionally given.
He is so good taking medicine. Never had a cat this good..

Artie was great at his Sub-Q's... But Geoffrey is better about all the other meds.

Such a sweet boy.

Tuesday, I had a cortisone shot in my hip. He was all over me. Geoffrey even tried to lie on my right hip. I had to put my hand over the injection spot. He moved, but did not leave my lap. He was the same way Wednesday, when I was having the flushed face, hot and cold body temps, etc. We cuddled all day. He is my nurse. I will say his comforting, his purring was really wanted-- it felt so good to have him around, and with me.

I tell him; in the morning, while cuddling in bed: "Mama loves you so Much! Do you know how much Mama loves you?"
And he purrs, looking at me, as if he understands. He is always brushing his face up against my hand, and me...

It is so strange. I can spend hours, just lying on top of the bed, cuddling with him.. it is so peaceful, so comforting.. almost like meditation. His warm body is tucked right up against my belly (when on side) or up against my arm-- using my wrist or cupped hand as a pillow-- putting his chin in my cupped hand.. Peace-- nothing else matters during that time.. just love. He is as much of a love junkie as I am.

We still play every morning.. It is part of our daily routine! He has a new favorite wand toy from Chewy. A shiny, crinkly butterfly! While he does not jump up to grab it, he still loves it. Geoffrey pretty much stays in one spot, swatting at it, lying down, grabbing it.. sometimes he does a jump and grab.. He is a ground hunter.
Sometimes I can get him to give a good chase to the butterfly.
I took out a Yeow catnip banana for him. It is next to his cardboard scratcher, in my bedroom. Oh, how he loves that.

All in all, he is a very happy boy. It is almost 2 years since his diagnosis.. man, time does fly. I cherish each day I have with him. and are so grateful.

A couple pics of him helping me put my laundry away:
IMG_1845.jpeg IMG_1839.jpeg

And when I was looking all over for him-- I thought he may have run out of the apartment:

IMG_1852.jpeg IMG_1852.jpeg

Trying to keep me from leaving. He does this all the time. Always lies on my clothes, while I shower. He wants me home with him!!
IMG_1818.jpeg

I just love this little boy.. He is the best guy.. with such a crappy diagnosis. Such a sweet kitty.

I have had him since November 2018--- 6 years. I estimate his age to be 9 at this time. In November, I will say it is his b-day and he will be 10 years old. Now a senior cat.. WOW.. time flies. He is such a love to me. Such a comfort. Yes, I spend too much money on him, with meds.. but, he gives me so much joy, and love back in return. How can you put a price on that?? Using up my savings to pay for him-- and all the other expenses which have dramatically increased, especially this year.

Thank you so much for asking about Geoffrey.. and us...❤

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

At the moment, he is sleeping under my new top sheet. I changed the sheets this morning, and he could not wait until I completed it.
Geoffrey is now weaned from all the extra meds due to the pancreatitis. I tried cutting back more on the mirataz dose; but found that it is too much of a decrease. His appetite really drops when I give 1/4 dose EOD.

He still periodically vomits-- about once a week now; due to him losing his winter coat. He loves to be brushed. Actually, he feels hurt when I have to leave the house, early, without brushing him.
I am now giving him a bit of daily miralax for his stools. I find it helps. It seems that if he does not have a daily BM, then his stools get hard, small, and he will vomit.. Kind of like a back-up. Laxatone is also occasionally given.

Artie was great at his Sub-Q's... But Geoffrey is better about all the other meds.

Such a sweet boy.

Tuesday, I had a cortisone shot in my hip. He was all over me. Geoffrey even tried to lie on my right hip. I had to put my hand over the injection spot. He moved, but did not leave my lap. He was the same way Wednesday, when I was having the flushed face, hot and cold body temps, etc. We cuddled all day. He is my nurse. I will say his comforting, his purring was really wanted-- it felt so good to have him around, and with me.

I tell him; in the morning, while cuddling in bed: "Mama loves you so Much! Do you know how much Mama loves you?"
And he purrs, looking at me, as if he understands. He is always brushing his face up against my hand, and me...

It is so strange. I can spend hours, just lying on top of the bed, cuddling with him.. it is so peaceful, so comforting.. almost like meditation. His warm body is tucked right up against my belly (when on side) or up against my arm-- using my wrist or cupped hand as a pillow-- putting his chin in my cupped hand.. Peace-- nothing else matters during that time.. just love. He is as much of a love junkie as I am.

We still play every morning.. It is part of our daily routine! He has a new favorite wand toy from Chewy. A shiny, crinkly butterfly! While he does not jump up to grab it, he still loves it. Geoffrey pretty much stays in one spot, swatting at it, lying down, grabbing it.. sometimes he does a jump and grab.. He is a ground hunter.
I took out a Yeow catnip banana for him. It is next to his cardboard scratcher, in my bedroom. Oh, how he loves that.

All in all, he is a very happy boy. It is almost 2 years since his diagnosis.. man, time does fly. I cherish each day I have with him. and are so grateful.

View attachment 476001View attachment 476002

And when I was looking all over for him-- I thought he may have run out of the apartment:

View attachment 476003View attachment 476004

Trying to keep me from leaving. He does this all the time. Always lies on my clothes, while I shower. He wants me home with him!!
View attachment 476005

I just love this little boy.. He is the best guy.. with such a crappy diagnosis. Such a sweet kitty.

I have had him since November 2018--- 6 years. I estimate his age to be 9 at this time. In November, I will say it is his b-day and he will be 10 years old. Now a senior cat.. WOW.. time flies. He is such a love to me. Such a comfort. Yes, I spend too much money on him, with meds.. but, he gives me so much joy, and love back in return. How can you put a price on that?? Using up my savings to pay for him-- and all the other expenses which have dramatically increased, especially this year.

What a great UPdate and how sweet are those pix?!! :catlove: Sounds like Geoffrey is doing really well and you have a wonderful routine/ritual going. You undoubtedly know that cats DO give us many health benefits -- strengthening our bones with their purrs, keeping our blood pressure down, helping our hearts, increasing our happiness and decreasing our stress. They are the BEST, TRUE health care we can possibly have.
Geoffrey's new butterfly sounds great and interesting. Could we see a pic of it/him playing with it? I've seen an automated butterfly wand toy that looks great.
There's no such thing as "spending too much money" on a loved one. Unconditional loyalty, love, and joy are priceless!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise

Such a sweet boy.

View attachment 476001View attachment 476002

View attachment 476003View attachment 476004

View attachment 476005

What a great update- I love you and Geffy artiemom artiemom - the photos are wonderful,he's the cutest,sweetest,love bug with the best Mom one could ever have
Happy Mothers Day( Love G):catrub: