Garden ornaments

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I have quite a few things scattered around my garden, and when I recently found this little gem at plant nursery I just had to have her!

I thought I'd post a pic there and ask whether you have interesting little things in your garden other than plants?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Cute!

Yes, I do have quite a few things, many glass sculptures, a bottle tree, birdbaths, etc but most are not out right now because I pack them away for the winter. They'll be coming out soon. :)

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The yoga cat is adorable. We've got several terracotta, ceramic or stone figures, but most are put away right now because we're getting a new roof and don't want anything smashed.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We have a cast iron dragon fly that is huge, a cat weather vane this is a garden stake, a gazing ball that we've replaced twice due to high winds, concrete lamb and frogs, bird houses and a metal bat that hangs on our patio lattice.  No pics, still too cold to go out on the patio. 

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have anything interesting yet.  I have a 3 hook shepherds staff but I use that for bird feeders now instead of hanging baskets.  I have a small stained glass humming bird on a stake I put in potted flowers.  But thats it.  I did have some decorative herb markers when I tried growing potted herbs.  

I just started a little shade garden in one corner of my yard.  I think I'd like something for there.  I'll have to keep my eye out in the garden centers.  I keep thinking I want some kind of memorial garden for my Gram. That might be my shade garden's purpose. So maybe an angel or something along those lines.  Gram had a statue of a saint in her garden; but I'm not catholic so that won't work for me.  I don't think a bird bath is good there but maybe some kind of bird statuary.  

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Yay! Someone started a gardening thread.

Never mind! I'm sure I'll be able to find something else to put out there.

I really have to get out and repair the fence after the hammering it took this winter. And drag out all of the dead wood. Then I need to paint the deck and start planting stuff again.

Can't wait to get started on it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
Cute little birds!

These are my birds from Zimbabwe.  The first one also has my oldest Buddha head next to it and, if you look closely in the background, my newest one.

Last edited:

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
mani mani That bird in the last pic is so COOL !
I haven't unburied my gardens and their art yet this spring. I do have a couple of abstract iron herons, have to get a pic of them when the hosts finish coming up.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Okay, where are the pink flamingos and the older ladies backsides while they are bent over gardening.  I know someone has them.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I love that bottle tree @AbbysMom
 Is it one you made yourself? It looks like it would be quite simple to add more bottles. (Great excuse to drink more wine too. We'll have a forest in no time!)
I bought it from here years ago -

http://www.gardeners.com/

It's falling apart now, but I was at their outlet a few years ago and they had them marked down quite cheap so I bought a few backups. :)

Okay, where are the pink flamingos and the older ladies backsides while they are bent over gardening.  I know someone has them.
Never in my yard. :nono: :lol3:

Last edited:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yay! I finally remembered to take some garden photos and then the site was down. Now I can share. :)

Technically it is my Moms yard and there are literally hundreds of decorations. You could (and people have) spend hours and still find something you didn't notice before. These are just some of the cat themed items.

20170411_182159.jpg
20170411_182454.jpg
20170411_182537.jpg
20170411_182550.jpg

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Okay, where are the pink flamingos and the older ladies backsides while they are bent over gardening. I know someone has them.
I will have a flamingo someday! My Grandparents were big gardeners and we had a running joke about pink flamingos with Gram. She hated them! So Mom and I snuck one in her front yard once. It ended up in her back garden. hehe I just need to find the right one. Something nicer than those plastic ones. A few years ago DD and I put one in my mother's yard too. She kept it till it was faded white. :D

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's beautiful! I love dragonflies so I've got a bunch of dragonfly decorations, but they're still put away from the winter. I'll take photos when I put them out. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
Kieka Kieka your Mother's garden is just fabulous!:clap: Thank you for sharing with us.